Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #1

1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial weight

I went to weigh the motorhome (basically empty) while driving it for my first time. Someone had suggested weighing all four corners in addition to front and rear weights. The results are confusing. I double checked it. Any comments suggestions, etc would be appreciated. Obviously there is some kind of issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCB3877E-3C9B-400E-AD5A-9FABBDE4D7AF.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	375640   Click image for larger version

Name:	14810157-D5CB-4F30-929D-0A9D92330B4E.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	375641  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2022, 04:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Where did you weigh?
Looks like some pretty big discrepancies between the L+R corner weights and total axle weights. And a huge difference between L and R in the rear.
I assume you were weighing corners by pulling off to the side of the scale. Was the area very flat, or somewhat uneven so that the tires on the scale are supporting more than their share of the weight?
Is that the kind of thing you're looking for, or do you want help converting the Imperial weights to Metric???
Cheers,
Walter
Old 09-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #3

It was a state weigh station. I was concerned mostly about the L & R rear discrepancy. I hadn’t considered that the front and rear weights were out of line. It was pretty flat, yes off to each side after front and rear weight. I’m a total pusher rookie, so I’m interested in any information that would be useful on my journey. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Something is not right with your weights and they don't come even close to adding up. So I guess my advice it to get some good weights and go from there.
Your front total is off by 17% and you rear is off by 29%, so I don't think your numbers are valid.
Without having seen where you weighed, I'd guess that the area adjacent to the scale is lower than the scale and the elevated tire up on the scale is supporting more than its share of the weight.
Maybe try a scale at a truckstop? At the cat scales you can go in and tell them you'll be doing several weights and they'll discount them after the first reading. They've got three scales intended to weigh the front axle, drive axles and trailer axles at the same time. So you can pull onto the scale and get two axle total weights, then move over a little so that two tires are off the pad and get a separate weight of just one side.
Cheers,
Walter
Old 09-06-2022, 06:42 PM   #5

Most of the new cat scales are designed so you cannot pull off to one side. In that case you need wheel scales
Some alignment shops have them. Henderson in Oregon.
Even having each axle weighed helps. On a Cat scale the axles are weighed all at the same time.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:43 PM   #6

Well I went to an official ODOT (Oregon) scale on Hwy 212 Clackamas/Rock Creek. They are apparently state maintained and ? should be accurate. There is a Cat scale about 20 miles away. Guess Iíll try that. Henderson from what I can tell is no longer in operation. Camping world was of no real help.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonunit View Post
Henderson from what I can tell is no longer in operation.

Interesting. I just called them and they are OPEN.

(541) 326-4033

Tags
1999, holiday rambler, weight