Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1999 Monaco Windsor 34H Battery Compartment Top Pullout Tray

How does the Top Pullout tray in battery compartment release from its rails? Have tried everything to get it out to clean but can't find a release mechanizim. HELP!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If it is like the slide on my '93. There is a safety pin on the front left corner of the tray. should be right at the corner. After that you grab the handle and put all your might into it. Mine has an 8D and they are about 215lbs...
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for responding. We will try and see if this is the same if it is. Really would like to get the tray out so that it can be cleaned and new batteries can be re-installed.

Imurphy907 is it possible to take a picture of yours and post it so that I have a better idea of what you are seeing? Thank you!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartsRving View Post
How does the Top Pullout tray in battery compartment release from its rails? Have tried everything to get it out to clean but can't find a release mechanizim. HELP!!!

Gene,
I restored the battery compartment and trays on my 02 Windsor a while back. In order to remove the Kwikee trays, I had to drill out the pop rivets in the ball slides. I purchased new ball slides from Ball Slide I think mine were the 16 inch slides.

Then had the trays powder coated and painted the compartment with rust encapsulating paint(chassis saver). Also put 2 oz of mineral oil in my battery cells. My battery compartment looks great now.
Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Thorp, I finally got the top tray out and am in the process of cleaning it. It has holes so will be getting a new plate made, then painting it when done will be adding a battery pad put in to absorb the leakage.

Finding this forum is great in getting answers to problems that we are not sure of fixing on our motorhome. Had it only a year now and am finding problems that need to be resolved. Thanks again
Old 08-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
what is a battery pad and where do you get them?
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
patmsp the battery pad lays beneath the batteries to keep the tray from leaking. It is called anti-corrosion. I got them from JEGS. This is what it is called JEGS Performance Products 10267 at JEGS.com We ordered four of them since our trays were so large. They are not true to size but a little smaller than advertised. Below is the item number and the cost. We do think they are great and would buy them again. Hope this helps,Item# 555-10267 Ships Today Only $6.99
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Gene...I'm going to order some too.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Gene....like you I am trying to get the battery to slide out. I CANNOT find the pin in the left hand front of the drawer. I can only pull it out half way. Did your tray have a pin, or did you do something else to get it to slide out all the way.

Pat
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
patmsp - There is no pin in the drawer. Had to pry it up on the edges to get it out and was careful as there are ball bearings in it. Once that was done lifted it out and cleaned the inside of the compartment and both drawers, painted inside compartment and drawers, then since our top drawer had a hole from the acid had a new metal insert made and then put battery pads in both drawers. Had another friend help in putting it back in to make sure that all bal bearings were in place. Have to say came out real nice. Hope this helps,
Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #11

I use the poor mans way of protecting the battery trays after cleaning and painting.
I sprinkle backing soda on the trays and mist some water over it to hole it in place and put the batteries back in the tray on it.
WFM(works for me)
sjholt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, monaco