Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
Member
 
HartsRving's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 98
1999 Monaco Windsor AC heater blower Fan Out

Has anyone needed to change out their blower fan for ac/heater front dash? If so, what fan application ( part #) possibly used? Thank you
__________________
Gene & Sharon Hart
1999 Monaco Windsor 34 No Slides
HartsRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2022, 06:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
jacwjames's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 11,946
You really have to get to it and remove to confirm


But on my 2002 Windsor the blower motor it this https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6551076


On my 2002 Windsor Monaco did not provide easy access to the motor, you have to deconstruct the dash to provide access, not an easy task. Years ago another Windsor owner posted how he did it and I saved the file hoping I'll never have to.
__________________
Jim J
2002 Monaco Windsor 38 PKD Cummins ISC 350 8.3L
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/5.7 Hemi
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Scotialaddie's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 216
I had to cut an opening in the front of my dashboard for access then made a recessed box to fill in the opening. The upside is that it can be removed since the $27 dollar blower motor will probably need replaced again someday.
__________________
Scotia, Tricia, Mia, (the Labradoodle)
1999 Monaco Dynasty
330hp Cummins, Allison 6 speed
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #4
Member
 
HartsRving's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
You really have to get to it and remove to confirm


But on my 2002 Windsor the blower motor it this https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6551076


On my 2002 Windsor Monaco did not provide easy access to the motor, you have to deconstruct the dash to provide access, not an easy task. Years ago another Windsor owner posted how he did it and I saved the file hoping I'll never have to.


Can you send us the file as changing the resistor didnt help. Thank you for such good information.
__________________
Gene & Sharon Hart
1999 Monaco Windsor 34 No Slides
HartsRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
Member
 
HartsRving's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
I had to cut an opening in the front of my dashboard for access then made a recessed box to fill in the opening. The upside is that it can be removed since the $27 dollar blower motor will probably need replaced again someday.


Can you give a little more detail of where you did the cut out (outside in generator area or inside dash area(. Thank you for your information.
__________________
Gene & Sharon Hart
1999 Monaco Windsor 34 No Slides
HartsRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,652
Hi Gene; Just an after thought. I sent you the info on the resistor and see you had no success. Before you tear into the dash did you make sure you had power through the dash blower switch on the dash heater panel? These can go bad and would hate to see you go to all that work if it is just the switch on the dash. Very easy to get that panel out as I think it only has 6 screws holding it to the dash. Just thought I would mention it and you may have already checked the dash switch for power.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Scotialaddie's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartsRving View Post
Can you give a little more detail of where you did the cut out (outside in generator area or inside dash area(. Thank you for your information.


Inside the dash area. I was on the road so I made a small (3x3) opening by drilling a series of holes until I had cut an opening. Once I could see inside I enlarged the opening to gain access to the blower. Do not drill deeply or youll cut into the nest of flexible air ducts. (Ask me how I know!)
The ultimate opening size is about 6x8.
If I can figure out how to add photos from my files Ill post them.
I got the blower motor from O Rileys.
On my99 Dynasty the motor cut out that I made is just at the top of the entry stairs about 10 or so inches above the floor. Im guessing yours will be the same as my 36 Dynasty is actually on a Windsor chassis.
__________________
Scotia, Tricia, Mia, (the Labradoodle)
1999 Monaco Dynasty
330hp Cummins, Allison 6 speed
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Scotialaddie's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
Inside the dash area. I was on the road so I made a small (3x3) opening by drilling a series of holes until I had cut an opening. Once I could see inside I enlarged the opening to gain access to the blower. Do not drill deeply or youll cut into the nest of flexible air ducts. (Ask me how I know!)
The ultimate opening size is about 6x8.
If I can figure out how to add photos from my files Ill post them.
I got the blower motor from O Rileys.
On my99 Dynasty the motor cut out that I made is just at the top of the entry stairs about 10 or so inches above the floor. Im guessing yours will be the same as my 36 Dynasty is actually on a Windsor chassis.


8.3 Oil Burner is correct. I was certain that it was my motor since it made a god awful sound that changed pitch as I varied the speed. Id hate to see you cut your dashboard it its just a resistor.
__________________
Scotia, Tricia, Mia, (the Labradoodle)
1999 Monaco Dynasty
330hp Cummins, Allison 6 speed
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:46 PM   #9
Member
 
HartsRving's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Gene; Just an after thought. I sent you the info on the resistor and see you had no success. Before you tear into the dash did you make sure you had power through the dash blower switch on the dash heater panel? These can go bad and would hate to see you go to all that work if it is just the switch on the dash. Very easy to get that panel out as I think it only has 6 screws holding it to the dash. Just thought I would mention it and you may have already checked the dash switch for power.


Our repair guy tried a new switch but when he turned it in it would blow a fuse so he was on the assumption that it was the blower motor. Where the resistor is located in the generator compartment next to it is a round type box which were thinking has the blower motor on it. Any thoughts?
__________________
Gene & Sharon Hart
1999 Monaco Windsor 34 No Slides
HartsRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:56 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
153stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Braidwood Il.
Posts: 6,147
When resistor goes out usually have high only , there may have been confusion ,I think another thread had high only. Yeah the other side of box may be rounded for squirrel cage fan resistor is often close to resistor. I'm pretty sure fan is under dash from pics and I'm sure I poke my head in my center dash cabinet that's installed for my 1995 GPS head unit and got a look at my fan.
__________________
95 Monaco Crown Royale
M11 400hp, 4060 trans.
Aquahot, Generac Guardian7.5k
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1999, fan, heat, heater, monaco, wind, windsor



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monaco Windsor :: 2005 Monaco Windsor Frankintx iRV2 Owners Registry 0 06-06-2019 04:01 PM
Vansco output fault - Blower 1, Blower 2, Blower 3 c_oneil Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 2 03-24-2017 08:35 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.