Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2022, 09:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1999 Monaco Windsor AC heater blower Fan Out

Has anyone needed to change out their blower fan for ac/heater front dash? If so, what fan application ( part #) possibly used? Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2022, 06:54 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You really have to get to it and remove to confirm

But on my 2002 Windsor the blower motor it this https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6551076

On my 2002 Windsor Monaco did not provide easy access to the motor, you have to deconstruct the dash to provide access, not an easy task. Years ago another Windsor owner posted how he did it and I saved the file hoping I'll never have to.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had to cut an opening in the front of my dashboard for access then made a recessed box to fill in the opening. The upside is that it can be removed since the $27 dollar blower motor will probably need replaced again someday.
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
You really have to get to it and remove to confirm

But on my 2002 Windsor the blower motor it this https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6551076

On my 2002 Windsor Monaco did not provide easy access to the motor, you have to deconstruct the dash to provide access, not an easy task. Years ago another Windsor owner posted how he did it and I saved the file hoping I'll never have to.

Can you send us the file as changing the resistor didn’t help. Thank you for such good information.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
I had to cut an opening in the front of my dashboard for access then made a recessed box to fill in the opening. The upside is that it can be removed since the $27 dollar blower motor will probably need replaced again someday.

Can you give a little more detail of where you did the cut out (outside in generator area or inside dash area(. Thank you for your information.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #6

Hi Gene; Just an after thought. I sent you the info on the resistor and see you had no success. Before you tear into the dash did you make sure you had power through the dash blower switch on the dash heater panel? These can go bad and would hate to see you go to all that work if it is just the switch on the dash. Very easy to get that panel out as I think it only has 6 screws holding it to the dash. Just thought I would mention it and you may have already checked the dash switch for power.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:45 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartsRving View Post
Can you give a little more detail of where you did the cut out (outside in generator area or inside dash area(. Thank you for your information.

Inside the dash area. I was on the road so I made a small (3”x3”) opening by drilling a series of holes until I had cut an opening. Once I could see inside I enlarged the opening to gain access to the blower. Do not drill deeply or you’ll cut into the nest of flexible air ducts. (Ask me how I know!)
The ultimate opening size is about 6”x8”.
If I can figure out how to add photos from my files I’ll post them.
I got the blower motor from O’ Riley’s.
On my’99 Dynasty the motor cut out that I made is just at the top of the entry stairs about 10 or so inches above the floor. I’m guessing yours will be the same as my 36’ Dynasty is actually on a Windsor chassis.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotialaddie View Post
Inside the dash area. I was on the road so I made a small (3”x3”) opening by drilling a series of holes until I had cut an opening. Once I could see inside I enlarged the opening to gain access to the blower. Do not drill deeply or you’ll cut into the nest of flexible air ducts. (Ask me how I know!)
The ultimate opening size is about 6”x8”.
If I can figure out how to add photos from my files I’ll post them.
I got the blower motor from O’ Riley’s.
On my’99 Dynasty the motor cut out that I made is just at the top of the entry stairs about 10 or so inches above the floor. I’m guessing yours will be the same as my 36’ Dynasty is actually on a Windsor chassis.

8.3 Oil Burner is correct. I was certain that it was my motor since it made a god awful sound that changed pitch as I varied the speed. I’d hate to see you cut your dashboard it it’s just a resistor.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:46 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Gene; Just an after thought. I sent you the info on the resistor and see you had no success. Before you tear into the dash did you make sure you had power through the dash blower switch on the dash heater panel? These can go bad and would hate to see you go to all that work if it is just the switch on the dash. Very easy to get that panel out as I think it only has 6 screws holding it to the dash. Just thought I would mention it and you may have already checked the dash switch for power.

Our repair guy tried a new switch but when he turned it in it would blow a fuse so he was on the assumption that it was the blower motor. Where the resistor is located in the generator compartment next to it is a round type box which we’re thinking has the blower motor on it. Any thoughts?
Old 08-05-2022, 11:56 PM   #10

When resistor goes out usually have high only , there may have been confusion ,I think another thread had high only. Yeah the other side of box may be rounded for squirrel cage fan resistor is often close to resistor. I'm pretty sure fan is under dash from pics and I'm sure I poke my head in my center dash cabinet that's installed for my 1995 GPS head unit and got a look at my fan.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, fan, heat, heater, monaco, wind, windsor