Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2018, 03:13 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
AVOID the Salvage Title !! You "MAY" not be able to find an insurance company willing to fully cover it.
I really doubt if a window was left open and carpet was damaged would result in a write off by an insurance company. There has to be more to the story. Who is selling it? A dealer? The owner? A private party that bought the salvaged unit? Where was it registered? Too many unknowns and the story just doesn't "Hold water."

Bruce LaHargoue
blahargoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2018, 05:00 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I considered buying back my Endeavor when the insurance company totaled it after hurricane Irma. The adjuster said I was crazy to even think that (sorry, nothing personal to you).
He pointed out that these things are complicated enough as is, without having more hidden issues waiting to happen "down the road".
Old 11-04-2018, 07:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I would stay clear of a salvage title. You cannot get a loan for it. It will be very tough to resale. Kelly bluebook says to deduct 50% of wholesale for a salvage title.
Also, check with your insurance company as you may not be able to get insurance.

The Beaver Marquis line is one of my favorite motorhomes. The woodwork is the best in any motorhome for any price. They will have Caterpillar engines in this time frame. Cats are great, but can be thirsty. Check the system average mpg.

Another factor to consider. If well taken care of 107k is not high mileage for a big Cat, but the motorhome industry is affected by the auto industry and 100k miles is considered the over the hill. With 107k miles it will be difficult to sell and almost impossible to trade in.

Make sure you are searching nationwide, not just local. Search RVT.com, RVTrader.com, Craigslist, and the classified section of this forum. I think you can find some better examples out there.
Pretty Sage advice IMO

X2

ps I might add that I would read these forums for a year before I made my decision.... a mistake can cost you 10's of thousands of dollars and quick.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:12 AM   #18

107K on a Diesel engine is just getting broken in and you should realize these are million mile engines in Class 8 trucks. If everything else in coach is to your satisfaction, the Marquis is the deal. Avoid s salvage titles vehicle like the plague!
Mhcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhcorrigan View Post
107K on a Diesel engine is just getting broken in and you should realize these are million mile engines in Class 8 trucks. If everything else in coach is to your satisfaction, the Marquis is the deal. Avoid s salvage titles vehicle like the plague!
Agree with the above. Just be prepared to spend some money on the coach systems. Ours had 103K on it when purchased. We've replaced TV, carpet, washer/dryer, mattress, sofa, and captains chairs. We may have gone overboard a bit on wanting new furnishings but now it is ready for the next 100K (which I plan on doing).
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx69 View Post
Every marquis I have seen with slides is close to 100k or way over. Even if it requires a few grand or more in fixing up, I thought 50-60k would be a pretty good deal.

A few grand in the motor coach world is = to $30k in many cases.

For instance, are you aware of the diesel engines that have piston wrist pins issues? an engine alone could cost $45k. How about Water intrusion damage that may not rear its ugly head in the form of and corrosion issues down the road?

There is a very serious reason that coach has a " Salvage title " and that is that because the insurance professionals motorhome adjusters knew that it was a turd and not worth the gamble....... if it would have been worth repairing then why would the insurance people NOT have repaired the coach, but rather opted the more expensive option route and replaced it or paid off on it.

You've done the right thing IMO by posting here in the first place, do your research it will pay off in spades. There are many nice coach deals to purchase …..and just as many turds.

The market is loaded with low mileage motorhomes and actually, low mileage is more common than high mileage coach's.

That said 100k miles on a MD / HD diesel is nothing if service correctly. I would want to see all the service records on the coach and if in order?... the least of my worries would be the engine being worn out, I would be more concerned about all the steering and suspension and all the other components on and in the coach that have taken that 100k journey.

Not a slam on high mileage coaches, or purchasing one, they just need to have been well taken care of and you need to see well documented service records

Happy Trails
Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I'd go with the Marquis.
This is (was) Beaver's top of the line flagship coach.
It has all the bells and whistles and the best cabinetry and finishes.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote