RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2000 45 foot signature slide issue

the slide seal does not touch at the top how would i go about fixing it i wont let any one work on it because there is no one in my area that wont screw it up i do all my other work just want to get some insight in to where to start thanks a bunch

Fastavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #2

So I guess the first question is WHY it doesn't touch? Is the slide sagging downwards and thus a gap or what?

boaterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When the slide is out it doesn't touch at the top so the slide is tiped in the bottom is touching
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastavenger
When the slide is out it doesn't touch at the top so the slide is tiped in the bottom is touching
If it is extending just a little bit too far, when the bottom of the slide drops down in the groove, if the hydraulic rams are continuing out slightly, that might cause the top to tip back in slightly. Try just nudging it back in very slightly, so the rams move but the bottom of the slide does not and check the top.

Just another hare brained idea. Did I use the word "slightly" enough?
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Is the slide sealing at the top and bottom when in the travel mode? If so it sounds like your rollers are out of adjustment, should be two under the kitchen cabinets (just lift the bottom of the cabnet floor to see) and one the you have to get to under the driver side front wheel and to adjust you put the slide 1/3 of the way out bend the lock tab to be able to back off on adjustment screw ( if the rollers are dirty you might want to remove and clean and lube) until no pressure is on the roller then adjust both rollers to just touch the tile with little load then about 1/2 round more ( note I didn't have to adjust my outside roller and you may not have to,you might want to use thread lock plus locking tabs) run the slide out and make sure the seals are sealing at the top and bottom when in or out.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It makes a big difference which slide it is that you have the issue. The bedroom slide is most likely electric which has its issues, the right side (passenger) on my Dynasty is not a level floor drop style slide which has the rollers Walt speaks of, and the left slide (drivers) is the type that drops flat when extended, it has no rollers inboard just slipper plates. If it is the right slide it is most likely the roller Walt speaks of, in mine there is one centrally located roller under the cabinet out far from the wall, mine popped loose from the slide floor allowing the slide to tip inward so the bottom part of the gasket was over tight and the top part of the gasket missed sealing by about an inch. I repaired the floor and adjusted the roller, solved the problem. The left slide, the top will not seal if the slide does not drop down, could be a lot of reasons for that but often is something stuck under a slipper plate not letting it drop. The bedroom slide is a different animal, several different rollers under the bed frame that can be adjusted. Let us know which slide you are dealing with and we may be more helpful.
Good Luck!
Brent
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Slide travel locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastavenger View Post
the slide seal does not touch at the top how would i go about fixing it i wont let any one work on it because there is no one in my area that wont screw it up i do all my other work just want to get some insight in to where to start thanks a bunch
Which slide is it? The bedroom or living room? If it's the living room, does it have the travel locks? If you have the travel locks, you could have a broken cable or cables. Search this forum for travel locks. There are several threads discussing the them.

Chet
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
living room slide and the 2000 didn't have locks it is hydraulic
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I presume you have two slides in the front on the sig, which one, and is it the type that drops flat or not as I mentioned in my previous post?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
It only has one and no it doesn't drop flat it is a kitchen living room slide and it is in the left side
Old 04-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
It only has one and no it doesn't drop flat it is a kitchen living room slide and it is in the left side
Quote:
Ok, then if you read in my prior post I talked about the roller that needs adjusted downward. I have a cabinet that sticks out further than any other in the center of the slide. There is a really long drawer in mine and if you pull the drawer out the roller is on the bottom and is pretty easy to see. It has a bolt with a locknut. I rolled the slide out about two thirds of the way and started adjusting the roller downward after I had gently tipped it out with a prybar under the cabinet and placed a wood wedge to keep the slide gap equal from top to bottom.. It is trial and error. Mine only has one centrally located roller to adjust tip out, some guys report having two, year to year variance I suppose. Regardless, it's under a drawer somewhere on that slide. I scratched my head for two years on mine. I suspect the roller popped out of the floor or the bottom of the slide popped loose from the cabinet allowing the cabinet and slide to tip in. I had to reinforce mine with some wood and screws. I don't know how yours is configured, It probably depends on what cabinets are there as to wether they used one or two rollers. One other possibility would be part of the floor that the roller rolls on broke away. If you take a flashlight and shine it under from the inside you may be able to see the roller. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tags
slide