RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #1

2000 Dynasty 36' room slideout roller adjustmentt

I believe my slide-out needs adjustment. When extending the slide-out the bottom of the slide rubs on the tile and carpet. The slide tilts down on the inside when extending and retracting.

I do extend my slide-out before leveling the coach per manufactures instructions.

I have 4 floor mounted rollers, 2 under the kitchen cabinets, 1 about mid couch and the other just behind the drivers seat.
Is there a correct procedure to adjust the rollers, if so would someone please post it.

As always, thanks for wealth of knowledge on this site.
rvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My coach has 2 slides on the drivers side. The large slide up front has the kitchen cabinets in it. Over time the rear of this slide started to drag, it actually pulled the trim piece off the front of the slide on the back corner.

I have 3 rollers on mine, 2 of them can be accessed by removing the floors in the cabinets. I only adjusted the back 2 rollers.

I simply used a socket/ratchet to raise the slide enough for the corner to lift off the floor. I believe there is a jam nut that locks the bolt from moving, just had to loosen it first. I did the very back one first and then the middle one. Once I got them where I wanted I tightened the jam nut back nown.

Not too difficult.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:03 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Dennis i got the procedure from the old Monaco tec over 15 yes ago and the best i remember is put the slide out not quite half way i think it was 1/3 remove the bottoms in kitchen cabinets you will have a lock nut on the rollers ( i removed my rollers cleaned and loubed ) back off lock nut adjust roller down until it firmly touches then 1/4 round down i used thread lock on lock nut. You should have one more roller that you have to get to in the top of left front tire wheel well under a black plastic cover, i did not adjust this one.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #4

Dennis,
There are also nuts and set screw that appear to be adjusters on the steel tubes that cover the hydraulic rams. I have not done anything with those yet.
put the slide out you will see them. I replaced a few of my rollers that the nylon cover was sliding off the end and getting chewed up by the stand.

Kitchen area is easy just need to pull out the shelves. They lift out.

My stands were sinking into the wood under the couch. The stands on mine were wood screws and backing out. I managed to put in a couple larger screws.

I put some rubber seals/gaskets on the plastic covers on the underside so they seal a little better also.

Just use a flash light to verify they are all 4 touching the floor evenly. I had one of my rollers not touching the slide floor at all when I bought the coach.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:15 AM   #5

2000 Dynasty 36" room slideout roller adjustment

Thanks Jim, Walt and Rusty for your replies, this is what I was looking for.

Jim, I am pretty sure you have 4 rollers also. I thought for several years I only had 3, then a gentleman on this forum posted pictures of his " in process" floor replacement on a 2000 34' Dynasty York. He had removed the entire slide to make it easier to do the flooring and replaced all "4" rollers. I found my 4th roller in the fuel tank compartment, on a 38' it might be in another compartment. I believe Monaco changed the compartment configuration based on coach length.

Walt, I will try the procedure you outlined and report back to the forum. How ever I won't get to it for a month or so. I ordered new rollers.

Rusty, Thanks for the encouragement.
rvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout