Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #1

2000 Dynasty Hydraulic Generator Slide Fails to Move

Generator slide has never given a problem, but yesterday after my son did a grease job and oil change for me, I had him change oil and coolant in the generator, also. He could not get the slide to extend or retract with either the switch in the FRB or the driver's side panel inside the coach. Too much of a coincidence that he had just done several things, so I'm looking for a connection he knocked loose. I'm posting here because responses are usually so quick, and I'm headed out for a long trip on Sunday.

Generator starts and runs normally.

It is not the hydraulic system. It's the control circuitry--I can jumper the forward and reverse contactor power (large terminals) mounted on the pump and it moves correctly. 5A fuse in FRB marked "Generator Slide" is good. Getting a VOM and headed out to check some things. Thought one of you guys might have had this problem before. If I find out what it is, I'll post. Thanks in advance for your help.

Van W
Southeastern NC
2000 Dynasty 36
350 ISC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2019, 07:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Van,
On my coach there is a slide control module in the front drivers side electrical bay mounted on the lower left side. There is a fuse located on this module along with a circuit breaker type fuse. This is the same type of module that is located in passenger side rear electrical bay and is for my other 2 slides, not sure why but occasionally the fuse on this module will blow. Not sure if this is the fuse you say you've replaced or not.

Silly question, did you have the ignition on since I believe there is an interlock that prevents the slide to be extended while driving.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Van,
On my coach there is a slide control module in the front drivers side electrical bay mounted on the lower left side. There is a fuse located on this module along with a circuit breaker type fuse. This is the same type of module that is located in passenger side rear electrical bay and is for my other 2 slides, not sure why but occasionally the fuse on this module will blow. Not sure if this is the fuse you say you've replaced or not.

Silly question, did you have the ignition on since I believe there is an interlock that prevents the slide to be extended while driving.
Jim,
Thanks, but this is my GENERATOR slide. My coach does not have any ROOM slides.

Still checking...
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Understand.
My generator slide is a power gear slide and has a module just like the room slide with a fuse on it, I believe it is a 5 amp fuse.

There is also a couple of relays on the board also, I've read where these relays can go bad, you may try swapping them out to see if it solves the problem
Old 09-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #5

Sometimes ya just feel like a dumbass...

Hope you guys have a good laugh...and appreciate that I was willing to even post this...

I had released the parking brake so my son could rotate the driveshaft and grease splines and U-joints. Sooo many functions are disabled when the parking brake is released. Set the parking brake and genny slide operates as usual.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Good to know, thanks for posting.

Tags
generator, hydraulic, slide