RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #1

Question 2000 Monaco Diplomat Vin# Question

I bought a 2000 Monaco Diplomat last week, and upon trying to put insurance on the unit, my insurance agent brings it to my attention that the model description that is associated with the vin on the title and on the rear of the coach is a 2000 "Roadmaster Rail Dyanaster." The title shows its a Monaco Diplomat 38A. I understand that it may show up like this due to the chassis being a Roadmaster, but my insurance agent is a bit concerned. And my insurance agent being concerned has also made me concerned.

Has anyone else ran across this problem? Is this how all Monaco coaches with roadmaster chassis vin's are registered? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Jonoracer129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi
I have a 2001 diplomat 38A also
I'm really not understanding. Your chassis is a road master. A great chassis by the way.
On my title it says monaco is the manufacture and model is diplomat 38

I'm not sure what your insurance agent is saying.

You bought a real nice rig. I bought mine last year and are now 6 months into a 8 month trip. These things run trouble free if you take care of them.
Good luck.
Rick

Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #3

My insurance agent is concerned because the model and make that pops up on her screen when she enters the vin # is for a "Roadmaster Rail Dyanaster." My title shows a make and model of a 2000 Monaco Diplomat 38A. They do not match up. It's quite odd.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That does sound odd. I see you are in Ohio. I'm guessing you did not register it yet since you don't have insurance. I'd bring the title to DMV and have them correct the issue.
What state is the title in?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Also while there you should be able to get a title in your name but not registered. I would do that while you are there.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #6

I've already had the title transfered over to my name. The motorhome was already an Ohio title, and the make and model match what the rv actually is. It seemed like a non-issue? I don't know what the heck to make of it. It is a monaco as the title suggests, and it is also a roadmaster chassis as the insurance company suggests. It may be a total non-issue if other have had to deal with this.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like Monaco titled the chassis before they assigned a model if RV to it. And it was assigned the model type on the title and the state never changed their records.
As long as you have a state title with the correct information, that's what the state looks at. I assume that you have insurance on it now. I'd just drive and be happy. Your rig and mine are very much a like. I have the wiring diagrams for the house and chassis in my computer. If you want me to email them to you, send me your email. They are very helpful. If you copy the files on a dvd you can take them to a FedEx store and they can print them for you. I know quite a bit about these rigs. If you need information on systems. Let me know.
HAPPY TRAVELS
Rick
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #8

Yeah, they are insuring it, but asked me to get some resolution. I figured what better way than to ask others that may have encountered the same problems.

I'll shoot you a PM with my email address in it. Those diagrams would be handy I am sure! This coach has some little quirks so far that we are slowly figuring out. I have experience with diesel pushers on freightliner chassis', but never dealt with the monaco/roadmaster combination. It has been a bit difficult figuring some things out so far, as when I bought this coach the person that used it had quickly failing health. I dealt with his family whom had never even taken a ride in it.

Thanks again! I'm sure there will be more questions along the way.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I guess the best way to resolve your issue is with who over the insurance company is getting the information from. If you have an Ohio title with the proper information it's safe to assume your insurance company is getting their information from somewhere else. They may think it's the state computer my guess it's not. I'm fairly sure if you have the state run your VIN number, the proper information comes up. I'd tell your insurance company to get their system fixed.

Tags
monaco