Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #1

2000 Monaco Dynasty 38’ Diesel leveling jacks

I have read all the leveling info in that section. My problem is this:
All the jacks extend. All the jacks retract on Retract ALL. The right Jack will extend separately on its own switch but won’t retract on its on switch. Could half the switch be bad?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0638677D-A2ED-449E-815E-20D768354327.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	343343  
WA198273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you checked the connections on the switch itself.

If all the jacks retract when pressing Retract All that tells me the solenoid is working correctly and narrows the problem down to the switch and or the control module.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:31 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had the front jack switch go bad. Got several to have spares as they were cheap in motorhome standards:

Rocker Switch, SPDT, (On)-Off-(On), Black, Panel, 16 A, 250 V - From Newark, $3.48 ea.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #4

Monaco Leveling Jacks Switch

Is it easy to install or do we need to hire someone. I am almost 80 and don't know much about this stuff. It has been one problem after another even though we tried to keep everything up.
WA198273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:16 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Have you checked the connections on the switch itself.

If all the jacks retract when pressing Retract All that tells me the solenoid is working correctly and narrows the problem down to the switch and or the control module.

My wife was the OP. Where is the controller located and how difficult is it to change?
Vulture47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:58 PM   #6

Hi WA198273; It is kind of a known fact that on coaches 20 years old they start to have connection problems because of corrosion. I have read here before that others who have had similar problems have just unplugged the connection on the bottom on the control panel and just plugged the the connection back in thus removing some corrosion on the terminals on the bottom of the switches. Should not be too much of a task to take the screws out of the switch panel and pull up the panel and start removing and replacing the wires terminals back onto the jack switch panel. Also as Lowflyer1 mentioned the switches can be replaced on the switch panel. If you have a volt meter you could check the switch's for continuity while you have the panel out to make sure the switch is operating as it should. Just don't start yanking on the plugs on the terminals on the bottom of the switches as this stuff gets brittle with age. Should not be a huge job, in my opinion! P.S. As one person told me, motorhomes are the only thing that can break down while sitting in the driveway!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, monaco, monaco dynasty