Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2022, 09:39 AM   #1

2000 Monaco Knight wiring diagrams

I just purchased a 2000 Knight from a man that seemed to think he was an electrical gienus. outlets hanging out of walls, live 120v wires just alagator cliped together. ever panel of fixture I open has 37 butt connectors that don't look factory.

long story short I have most of it fixed. I am working on the vacuum generator that seems to have no power. I jumped 12v from the light in the generator compartment to the vacuum generator and it seems like it pulled a lot of power and then blew a fuse somewhere so now I don't have lights there either. I have checked every fuse I can find. back in the bedroom, the small box under the driver, large control box under the driver.

checked my manuals and they are worthless. literally only lists the fuses in the bedroom.

I have seen some people talk about getting manuals on a cd but I haven't found where to get that. some old posts talk about getting them from Monaco but it seems like those days are long gone.

does anyone have that CD there would like to share?

any thoughts on the vacuum generator not being powered or taking a lot of power?
Guentha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #2

I'm on phone app so harder to help....but in other , files there are many wiring diagrams for around your age Monaco diagrams .
Or member search for CountryB in any of his posts at bottom is link to cloud shared collection , tons of manuals, diagrams, brochure and other handy info. I asked he said it's cool to direct members to his collection.
I think a few of my actual utility bays lamps are on chassis side fuses. Big bays fluorescent lamps are off house. The vacuum pump or motor may be seized. I can't imagine it would pull over a couple amps.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! You may be able to find those at WWW.Monacoers.org. Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #4

you sir, are my hero. I am a network engineer so no stranger to electrical engineering but half the time I can't trace a wire so I am left guessing. CountryB's documents are what I am looking for(I think, haven't made it all the way through yet). either way this is gonna give me a lot of info as I bring this coach wiring back to spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I'm on phone app so harder to help....but in other , files there are many wiring diagrams for around your age Monaco diagrams .
Or member search for CountryB in any of his posts at bottom is link to cloud shared collection , tons of manuals, diagrams, brochure and other handy info. I asked he said it's cool to direct members to his collection.
I think a few of my actual utility bays lamps are on chassis side fuses. Big bays fluorescent lamps are off house. The vacuum pump or motor may be seized. I can't imagine it would pull over a couple amps.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:27 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's a link to a 2000 Windsor wiring diagram file which may help

https://www.irv2.com/forums/download...do=file&id=288
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 10:42 PM   #6

Thanks, I will check it out. The wiring diagrams from the posts above don't have legends on the big wiring maps so while I can find the wire there is no way to know where it terminates.

There are some pretty good diagrams toward the end but the scan is to bad to read.

Someday I will find my fuses🙄

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Here's a link to a 2000 Windsor wiring diagram file which may help

https://www.irv2.com/forums/download...do=file&id=288
Old 04-26-2022, 09:09 PM   #7

Still stumped. the diagrams I have been given don't go into detail on the circuit the vacuum generator is on.

strangely the light under the hood started working again. no clues on that one but that's one less fuse to track down.

The only fuses I can find are in the bedroom(main panel) and the compartment under the driver(2 fuse boxes under here)

all fuses pass a continuity test.

there is no power on the lines going to the vacuum generator. I have to assume it's a fuse or a broken wire.

I will power it from a separate 12v source in the coming days to see if that does anything.

Tags
monaco, wiring, wiring diagram