Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
JDL

Monaco Owners Club
2000 Monaco Windsor A/C Compressor

I have searched and cannot seem to find it yet. I am in need of model number/cross referance for the engine driven A/C compressor. My unit recently stopped working and upon inspection i found low "high side" pressure at the front port. I attempted to put a can in Freon and before the can was in, a pop off went off on the back of the compressor. It hasnt checked off, as it leaked all the freon out of the system. I now have 2 issues, the first the compressor and pop off and the second is the original problem, which is probably the accumulator/dryer.

Anyone know what system was used on this chassis? It is the 40ft 8 bag Roadmaster with ISC8.3 engine. The A/C controls, headlights, and tail lamps all appear to have come from a Ford Econoline van. What is the chance that the A/C parts are also from the same unit?

Thanks in advance.

JDL
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
since you said your RV had Ford controls and a F-750 could be bought with a ISC 8.3L engine back in 2000 That is the first place I'd look for a compressor.
I'm 99% sure one for a F750 will fit and be the correct one.
Keep in mind you will have to find a Ford MDT dealer or look online. You might just find a new one on ebay for half of what others want.
Just so you know I think Every brand of truck Equipped with a ISC 8.3L engine will use the same compressor.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #3

Pull off the compressor and take it to either a good auto parts store or an air con shop. They should be able to ID it for you. Probably a Ford of GM.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
SCS FridgetT corp ( out of buisness)furnished the dash AC controls For most of the early Monaco coaches. The model # should be on the Compressor you should be able to get at your local part store. Here is another place to check
Components Engineering 500 Industrial Blvd
Grapevine, TX 76051
469-322-6316 http://www.intl-comp.com/index.html
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #5

I had to replace the AC compressor on my 1999 Dynasty this past spring. The local auto parts store wanted over $800.00 for it. The counterman at the auto parts store suggested I have it rebuilt. Contacted a re-builder and had it rebuilt for $135.00. 1 yr warranty. Works for me.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtode View Post
I had to replace the AC compressor on my 1999 Dynasty this past spring. The local auto parts store wanted over $800.00 for it. The counterman at the auto parts store suggested I have it rebuilt. Contacted a re-builder and had it rebuilt for $135.00. 1 yr warranty. Works for me.
OOPS! Please ignore above quote. I was thinking alternator when i posted it. Does not apply to AC compressor.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
JDL

Monaco Owners Club
Guys, Thanks for the responses. I am going to work on this over the weekend. I am going to attempt to not remove the compressor until I determine if there are any leaking components other than the "pop off" valve on the compressor. I am attempting to not have to charge the system more than necessary. I will update the thread with part #s as I get this done. Pay it back for the next guy.

Thanks again,

JDL
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
JDL
I would appreciate any follow-up information you get relative to the AC compressor that will fit your ISC Cummins as I likely have the same unit in my 2001 Dynasty. I have not had to replace it yet, but I it appears the seals may have some very minor leakage, and want to be prepared as to what I have to do to replace my original unit.

In my Dynasty, the AC compressor installed as original equipment on my Cummins ISC350 has the following identification numbers:
SEGM SE5H14 R134a
Model 34509. s/n 0155208955. made in China

Good Luck

Jack
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #9

Johnny's radiators and more in warren Arkansas should have everything you need number is 870-226-5000 they had everything for mine and shipped same day
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
JDL

Monaco Owners Club
Yukon Jack

Yukon

I removed the compressor and dryer/accumulator. My accumulator does not allow air through it. I put 120 PSI on one side and get nothing out the other side. It is my original problem. I have purged the entire system with a dryer/cleaner rig a mechanic friend of mine had and capped the system off that is still in the bus.

My compressor for a 2000 Monaco Windsor with the ISC 8.3L is a
Tama MFG.
Type TM-15HD
Part # 0630-7404
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
JDL
Thank you for your reply as to the compressor information on your motorhome. I don't know that I have ever heard of a receiver dryer assembly plugging up to the point it would not allow any air to pass through it, although in the actual vehicle installation, it would be liquid freon coming from the condenser that would actually be passing through the receiver dryer.

As a matter of I formation my receiver dryer is a Red Dot part no. 74R0906. This item has a cylindrical body diameter of 2.5" and a body height of 7" and overall height of 8", and has #6 o-ring male fittings.

If you are interested, if your system is like mine, which i assume it is, the thermal expansion valve is a RedDot part no. 71R8100.

Good luck in your efforts to get your AC system in your motorhome running again.

Jack
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
JDL

Monaco Owners Club
Update

Done, Monaco tech told me the system would hold about 4 lbs. I got 6 in it and it balances perfectly to pressure vs. outside temp when the system is static (not running for 3 or more hours). Vent temps are running 45-46 on a 90 degree day.

My pressures are running 32 low side and 180 high side, I assume with the length of hoses that these are about right for the losses.

Total cost for the project ~ $200.
Accumulator dryer
O rings
pressure relief valve
R134
Cleaner.

Tags
compressor, monaco