Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2019, 07:55 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2000 Windsor - Intellitec Radio Switch Monoplex (water pump controller) replacement.

Hi all, I am sure this is a topic that has been discussed previously but I was not able to find a previous thread that answered my question.

The small black Intellitec Radio Switch Monoplex, part number 00-00189-000 box located behind the main monitor panel above the passenger seat which is being used as the water pump relay/controller had a board failure and melted. From my research this seems to be a common failure and from the date code on the box has been replaced in my coach previously already. At this point the original style is no longer available, so what is now being used as a replacement?

Another question..... this box is rated for 3 amps and the water pump requires 6-7 amps so is there another relay located somewhere to provide the main power to the water pump?

I thought the pump failed so I replaced that first, which was due anyway, but hoping for some help from the knowledgeable members here.

Thanks a ton!
Brad - Minnesota
bjwurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #2

Hi Brad; Not sure if you found out anything yet as there are no response to your post. Yes, the newer controller's are 10 amp rated and there is a poted??? version that is rated at 15 amps. You can find them on Amazon. Intellitec water pump latching controller #000-145-10. Owners replace them at various times. Hope this info helps. These controllers are also found from other suppliers.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Oilbuner….. I have been told that the Intellitec water pump latching controller #000-145-10 is a low side controller so it is essentially the reverse as compared to the Intellitec Radio Switch Monoplex, part number 00-00189-000 box.

Do you know anything about this and how one would wire it to function properly? Someone mentioned using a common automotive mini relay as a polarity reverser. But this is a bit outside my electrical expertise.
bjwurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Good evening Brad; My previous coach was a 2000 Windsor. I never had any problems with the water pump. Also never knew where the controller was until I joined IVR2 and found that the controller was located behind the panel above the passenger seat. I now have a 2001 Windsor and the latching controller I sent you the info on is now located about 1 foot from the water pump in the bay where the bay heater is located. Since I have not had to change anything out or rewire, I don't think I can answer your question. I have not researched the 00-00189-00 box. The only thing I know is that the 000-145-10 is a grounding controller. At least I think that's what it does, makes and break the ground to complete the circuit. There are others here who have a lot more electrical knowledge than I and I hope someone else will chime in so I can get more knowledge. I can see the relay part if you would be making and breaking a load and not the ground. Again, I could be all wet on this, no pun intended. Hope you get some better answers soon. Have a great evening!
Brad; just did some digging and found that PDXRV Wholesale says they have the 189 controller in stock for $78.68. Also NWRV Supply shows the same controller with a 2 day lead time for $80.16. No specs. on the amperage. I know you mentioned in your post that you could not find any supply. If you can get ahold of either supplies and talk to someone, it would be interesting to see if they can answer any of your questions. Good luck! Just found, made for 3 amp load.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, intellitec, radio, replace, replacement, switch, water, water pump, wind