Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #15

May have just got tripped up...found a local truck shop and RV shop that would handle any mechanical or coach problems, all is good with the world...but my local bank surprised me with no loans on coaches older then 2008....this really blind sided me...great credit score, etc. etc....never been denied a loan..wife and I were on cloud nine and ready to get down to brass tacks, find "our" coach and buy, now??? Guess I could do a home equity but didn't think a loan would trip us up...feeling a bit stunned at the moment. Chalk it up to being a newbie..
RV2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Don't give up. Everything happens just exactly the way it's supposed to.
Someone else will be glad to make interest on a loan.
Like, say a credit union.
It's all part of the journey.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Don't give up. Everything happens just exactly the way it's supposed to.
Someone else will be glad to make interest on a loan.
Like, say a credit union.
It's all part of the journey.
It is always darkest just before the train hits.....
Took a deep breath, plenty of equity in the homestead, opened a line of credit, now we consider ourselves our own bank...
Game back on, will be checking out the Monaco tomorrow!
No one said it would be easy.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good for you!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
That's the way! Make life happen, don't just accept it.
As I type this we are on day 3 of a 6 day trip. We had no idea where we were going, just driving away from rain.
we are now overlooking the Columbia river, 65 degrees, slight breeze. Ncaa basketball game on.
No regrets!

If I could post a picture looking out the coach window with the caption "this will be you" I would.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #20

Well I wish I had positive news about the Windsor we just viewed...with all the help of this forum I had my questions and items to review in order....but once I saw the coach my heart sank, the exterior had some bruises, some items that needed attention so I held out hope..until I saw the interior...used, abused and no real attempt to clean it for sale....I didn't even bother to start it much less drive it, the interior was that bad...so disappointing. But on the bright side we loved the floor plan, we loved the room. So onward, got a lead on a 2001 Dynasty Regent, 70Kmiles, tag axle (oh boy not something this newbie has even researched) So today a swing and a miss, but we did learn it is what we are looking for...Thanks again to all for the help!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV2015 View Post
Well I wish I had positive news about the Windsor we just viewed...with all the help of this forum I had my questions and items to review in order....but once I saw the coach my heart sank, the exterior had some bruises, some items that needed attention so I held out hope..until I saw the interior...used, abused and no real attempt to clean it for sale....I didn't even bother to start it much less drive it, the interior was that bad...so disappointing. But on the bright side we loved the floor plan, we loved the room. So onward, got a lead on a 2001 Dynasty Regent, 70Kmiles, tag axle (oh boy not something this newbie has even researched) So today a swing and a miss, but we did learn it is what we are looking for...Thanks again to all for the help!

You have to kiss a lot of frogs. To bad about the Windsor but a Dynasty in good condition is an order of magnitude above that. Here is a brochure:

http://www.monacocoach.com//library/...01_Dynasty.pdf

The Dynasty is on the S Series semi monocoque chassis and the tag axle gives it really great handling and extra load capacity. Just as with the Windsor, condition is everything.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
It's always easier to make the call when it's not even close.
Dynasty is a great coach also. Adding a year should also add hp.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #23

Well it happened..did my usual quick Craiglist search and there it was. Phone call to owner, all sounded good, jumped in car for a 300 mile drive, through a snowstorm in MN to arrive in IA...all records from day of birth, some fading on the outside, to be expected, interior had been totally redone and looked almost new. Everything works, no sign of leaks, Cummins side radiator 300 HP with 55K miles, Allison 6 speed, Spartan chassis....yep, not a Monaco...1999 Newmar Dutchstar, price was right, I knew this was the "one"....wrote the check....guess I have to change forums... But honestly it was the help of you all to get me to the point of making an informed purchase. Doing title work today to get WI plates, insurance and going back Saturday to drive her home!
Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck and have fun!
foretexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV2015 View Post
Well it happened..did my usual quick Craiglist search and there it was. Phone call to owner, all sounded good, jumped in car for a 300 mile drive, through a snowstorm in MN to arrive in IA...all records from day of birth, some fading on the outside, to be expected, interior had been totally redone and looked almost new. Everything works, no sign of leaks, Cummins side radiator 300 HP with 55K miles, Allison 6 speed, Spartan chassis....yep, not a Monaco...1999 Newmar Dutchstar, price was right, I knew this was the "one"....wrote the check....guess I have to change forums... But honestly it was the help of you all to get me to the point of making an informed purchase. Doing title work today to get WI plates, insurance and going back Saturday to drive her home!
Thanks again!

Congratulations! Persistence pays off! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #26

We love our 99 Shorty, took a year and half search and haggling but it was well worth the effort. good luck
John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #27

All great suggestions and input.. There are several qualified compainies that will do a deep down look at the coach for a fee... Probably $1,000 will cover everything.. Negotiate with the seller that you want a full check out of the coach before buying it.. tell him you will pay to have it done and that you would like to ask him to split it if you decided to buy the coach.. that is a fair offer, if he balks that says something.. for me $500 may be some of the best money you will have spent on a Used 15 year old coach... you will be going in with eye's wide opern..
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations! Sorry to hear your not a member of the Monaco family, but I am sure you will have just as much fun.