Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2021, 06:00 PM   #15

I have a 2001 Beaver Patriot so if you want to talk I would be open to a phone call (all this typing is for young people) I have done some repairs and can tell that the quality of that coach is better than Monaco but that year was the beginning of a transition which chassis and engine it has would tell me a great deal. I can help you locate that info to because it is not totally obvious. I feel personally that Beaver made one of the best coaches on the market at that time For what it is worth I paid 64K for mine 2 years ago I am the 3rd owner and some depends on what has been upgraded and or modified from original PM me with a phone number if you want and I will share what I know (facts) and tell you what I believe and feel (opinion)
BeaverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
A 2001 Beaver was built during the time Safari owned Beaver; they kept the brand pretty much separate from the Safari line. Monaco Bought Safari/Beaver in 2002. It was in later years that they integrated the Safari-Beaver lines into the Monaco brands.

The coach you're looking at is still among the M. Perlot designs... a quality coach, highly rated at the level of the highest-end Monacos and Country Coaches of that time.

I see a few Beaver owners have already weighed in, and others on this forum will also.

Caution on the low, 45k miles on a 20 year old coach. It could be that the coach was used only a few thousand miles a year, a good thing as opposed to a situation where it had been used more in the beginning and then sat idle for long periods. Check of service records which show dates and mileage will tell you which.

While checking the service records, look for regular annual maintenance of engine, genset, aquahot and so on. If anything looks suspicious, don't hesitate to ask.

If the 20 year old Norcold gas-absorbtion refrigerator concerns you at all, replacing it with a residential would be a good step.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:49 AM   #17

Whelp...someone didn't seem to worry much about potential issues I think, because it's now sold!

But...there's another one I have my eye on that ya'll have prob seen too. It's a 1998 Beaver Patriot. Looks to have more stuff replaced. It's just tough since I live WAY out of state and so I can't go see it easily. Ugh...anyone wanna make $100 to check it out for me? I'm kinda serious. It's near Orlando, FL.
WiscoRVLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #18

I had a feeling it wouldn't last long at that price, lots of people looking to buy.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #19

Hi WiscoRVLife; Just got finished reading your post and the answers you have received here. This is just my opinion so others may or may not agree with it. To me you were looking at a rare, high quality short coach. These do not come up for sale very often, at least what I have noticed. As others mentioned 2001/2002 was the transition year for when Monaco bought the Beaver brand. I am in Washington state and vacation quite a lot in Bend Oregon. When Beaver was being built in Bend I would tour the factory every time I visited there and the last time was in 2002. You could see some of the Monaco design creeping in on the Beaver's being built at that time frame. Beaver, as others mentioned, to me are a good quality built coach. To find a short diesel pusher in that year range with lots of records would have been to me, jump on it as fast as you reasonably can! They just do not come on the market too often. I have owned a 2000 Monaco Windsor 32'PB for 8 years and replaced it with a 2001 Windsor 34'PBD. The first coach took 3 years to find and the second one took also 3 years to find.

If you are talking about asking price find some of those years in a short County Coach, good high quality build, and the price will make you dizzy. Does not surprise me that the 2001 sold quickly. Good quality, early 2000 years of short well cared for diesel pusher coaches are RARE, IMHO. Just my perspective if that is what you are in the market for when the next one comes along. Hope you don't have to wait too long and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver, quality