Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #1

2001 Monaco Dynasty questions

We just purchased a 2001 40' Monaco Dynasty with a tag axle. We have two problems that we about so far.

1.The HWH air leveling is not working. I have the green travel light on the control panel, but when I push the air button for the levelers nothing happens, does not show any lights except for the travel.

2. The Xentrex/Trace Inverter/charger. While plugged into shore line, the 12 volt lighting will run for a while then shut off, after an hour or two it will come back on. I have ran a jumper line from the house battery to the 12 volt fuse panel and everything works. the battery stays charged.

Any help would be appreciated.
devans17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
I have attached PDF on the HWH systems 500 and 600. One of these should be what you have. Just in case neither is correct, then look at the last PDF of the 2000 series.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 500 series service manual ml22362.pdf (440.0 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf 600 series service manual ml19048.pdf (405.0 KB, 176 views)
File Type: pdf 2000 series service manual ml31043.pdf (547.5 KB, 130 views)

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #3

The auto leveling button requires that it is pushed twice. First push is manual and second push puts it in auto. I do mine with the tranny in N and the park brake has to be on and I leave the motor running to keep the air pressure up.

Have you found the Xantrex remote panel? If so what LEDs are on? Try pushing the power button on the panel to off then make on again. You should have an LED on for power, one on if it is inverting and one flashing giving the charging state with no error LED. Let me know
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4

Thanks, I have the trouble shooting guide. I am only getting the green travel light. I have pushed the air button twice according to the guide but there doesn't seem to be any power. the fuse at the battery was not blown.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #5

I have pushed the air button twice with the tranny in N and engine started.The only light that stays is travel light. I checked the fuse at the battery it was not blown.

I have the RC7 GS Remote monitor. When I push the ON button, I get the blinking green light Invert on, blinking Yellow battery charging light and steady yellow battery charged light and no error light.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #6

It would seem to me that the Travel Light indicates that the system is getting power. Can you raise or lower the bags by those buttons? My recommendation is to first make sure the plug on the bottom of that control panel is on tight. It seems to me I remember this happening to some one else and that plug was loose. If it was the parking brake safety interlock then you would see a warming light on the panel so it is not that. Try all the other functions on the panel and figure out all that does and doesn't work. If nothing else works then I would recommend calling HWH because they have outstanding tech support.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #7

Thanks Mike. I have tried all the buttons and check the plug. Good idea about calling Tech support, I'll do that Monday.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike, I think the HWH reset is in my front run bay. Will go down tomorrow and take a look see. Not sure if that reset does anything for the auto level system but looking in the manuals that Rex linked should show it. Now that I think about it, that may be the Master Warning Light that I am thinking about and not the reset.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #9

Devans, the RC7 has all the correct lights showing on it. For info the blink rate of the yellow charge LED tells you where it is in the state of charge. I am going to have to read the HWH manual again because there is something about hitting that reset light and some othe button in sequence to reset the unit. The master reset that Barlow talked about is a good idea. I have never had to find it yet but the HWH main unit is on the storage bin overhead on the drives side two bays back for me covered in that black felt like material

On the 12 volt light issue. The Xantrex does NOT supply power directly to the lights or any other 12 volt item. The Xantrex supplies charge voltage to the batteries and the 12 volt lights are wired to the battery so even if the inverter shut down the light would go a little dimmer as the higher charging voltage stopped but still would be powered directly from the batteries. I would look for a loose or dirty battery cable or ground cable and make sure you clean where the ground cable attaches to the frame. The only other possibility is a battery that is faulty inside and when bring used heats up enough and fails until it cools back down. A battery test under load will test for that or use a volt meter to see where the power was lost when it fails again.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #10

By reading the HWH operators manual you are going to have to pull out the control box and leaving it connected look for the described link light. With the ignition switch on that link light should be blinking. If it is not blinking then your control box is bad and if it is blinking then your control panel is bad. It also says to replace those units without first calling HWH.

My MASTER RESET is right next to the control panel
Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
By reading the HWH operators manual you are going to have to pull out the control box and leaving it connected look for the described link light. With the ignition switch on that link light should be blinking. If it is not blinking then your control box is bad and if it is blinking then your control panel is bad. It also says to replace those units without first calling HWH.

My MASTER RESET is right next to the control panel
Mike. . .on behalf of DEvans17. . .I want to say a huge thank you for taking all this time to help. Dave is diligently taking loose the panel on the driver's side looking for the control box. . .our HWH manual does not have all those helpful suggestions. . .will keep you posted as to progress. . .

Your suggestion for having battery issues rather than it being the Xantrex makes much more sense too. . .Dave is going to clean all the battery posts today. . .and see if that resolves anything. . .sure would be nice if it is that simple!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #12

My 2003 42' dynasty has similar system air level only no jacks. My key must be on for the pad to work. I press two times and it puts on all the red and yellow corner lights on the panel. Only time I have had problems I had to push and release the park brake a couple of times to make contact on the I will allow leveling micro switch on the park brake control. Good luck.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is a pic of my front run bay with the HWH Master Warning Light and the Reset Button. Look in the upper right corner of the pic at the two red lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Reset.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	31159  
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #14

That's interesting you would think Monaco had a standard. Like I said my light and reset button is right next to the HWH control panel.

Dupdyke. If the parking brake switch is at fault you will get a yellow light on the HWH panel telling you the parking brake is not on.

Devans, Dave you need to find that Link Light that is on the back of the dash control box. That is discussed heavily in the PDF manual troubleshooting section. With the ignition key on that link light tells you everything and will save you a ton of headaches

Tags
monaco