RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #1

2002 Diplomat Holding Tank Monitoring System

Can anyone tell me who makes the monitoring panel for a 2002 Diplomat?

Also, does anyone know if it can be calibrated, and where to find a manual that shows how to do it?

Thanks

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not much to calibrate on the unit I have. It uses real basic electronic theory to work. the liquid in the tanks completes the circuit and the led light comes on as a result. A faulty or dirty sensor will not complete the circuit when the liquid touches it making you think it is empty. Here is the unit I have.

KIB Enterpr K21 Monitor Panel System Holding Tanks Fresh RV | eBay

You can search the forums for sensor cleaning or replacement, but I would look at replacing the unit and sensors with a newer technology unit. That is what I plan on doing in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	134312  

Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Blue Ox Aventa BX7445 & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca GO DODGER BLUE!!!
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastroluca View Post
Not much to calibrate on the unit I have. It uses real basic electronic theory to work. the liquid in the tanks completes the circuit and the led light comes on as a result. A faulty or dirty sensor will not complete the circuit when the liquid touches it making you think it is empty. Here is the unit I have.

KIB Enterpr K21 Monitor Panel System Holding Tanks Fresh RV | eBay

You can search the forums for sensor cleaning or replacement, but I would look at replacing the unit and sensors with a newer technology unit. That is what I plan on doing in the future.

Thank Dan, that makes perfect sense. I think for now, I have a pretty good handle on when my tanks levels are based on time and use. I will just let that, and my wife screaming that the sower is backing up, be my guide.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I would "dump" your old display and system and replace it with a SeeLevel Tank Monitoring system.

They use far better sensors mounted to the outside of the tanks and a very user friendly display. You can even use the old wiring to hook it all up.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I would "dump" your old display and system and replace it with a SeeLevel Tank Monitoring system.

They use far better sensors mounted to the outside of the tanks and a very user friendly display. You can even use the old wiring to hook it all up.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
X2 Easy install once you have access to the existing monitors and wires.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #6

Yep, thanks guys. I have been looking at the SeeLevel system as a back-up plan. I will wait a while as I am chasing more important things for now.

Tags
tank