Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question 2002 Dynasty Hydraulic Slide Mystery

Have had slides fail to extend or retract occasionally. Problem had always been bay door sensor switch not closed. Today's problem was different. After checking and even adjusting bay door switch positions only got, at different times, the passenger and driver slides to move a little and then all was dead again. Tried to open the generator tray and that was dead also. Just on a fluke actuated the battery and tank level displays. Noticed That the black and gray empty, 1/2, and 3/4 lights are on. The 1/4 lights are off. First time I have seen that. Now the mystery. After activating the tank level displays the passenger and driver slides function normally and the generator tray extends and retracts. Has anyone experienced this and determined the cause?
Rich & Judy Hagen, travel with AJ (white standard poodle), Roxanne, (black and tan poodle and king cavalier charles spaniel mix), Veda (black and tan kitty) rescued from our dumpster at work. 2002 Monaco Dynasty Baroness, 2003 Tundra Toad
RHagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 05:44 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yikes! I have no idea, I hope somebody does. Only thing in common is the salesman switch. You might check its solenoid. Check connections on the hydraulic pump too.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #3

Dynasty slide

How old are your batteries? Low voltage can be your worst enemy. In my Winddor my six year old batteries still appeared to be wotking, but I was experiencing all kinds of electrical issues until I replaced them last week.
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bentley,
We purchased the coach in 2014 after a Norcold fire totaled our Damon Tuscany so I don't know how old the batteries are but the coach was connected to 50 amp shore power and batteries indicated full charge. One thing I noticed was the quick disconnects on the bay door switches looked dull and slightly corroded. I just saw a 2012 posting on rv.net by a 2002 Monaco owner and that turned out to be his problem. Thanks for your reply.
Rich & Judy Hagen, travel with AJ (white standard poodle), Roxanne, (black and tan poodle and king cavalier charles spaniel mix), Veda (black and tan kitty) rescued from our dumpster at work. 2002 Monaco Dynasty Baroness, 2003 Tundra Toad
Old 05-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Coma. Based on a post on rv.net by a 2002 Monaco owner with the same problem I think the issue was corrosion on the quick disconnects on one of the bay door switches. I'm going to get some contact cleaner and spray all of them.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Update

Slides again failed to operate (extend this time) after arriving at our Memorial Day Trip RV Park in Mesquite Nevada. Actuated the tank sensor switches with no change. Smacked the panel in in a minor temper tantrum and the slides extended. They also retracted without smacking the panel five days later while we were preparing to leave. Problem must be a loose connection. Mystery is why do both passenger and driver slide either work or fail to work at the same time. Can't be a switch problem unless they are somehow wired in series. I have a complete set of 11 x 17 wiring schematics for my 2002 Monaco Dynasty. The passenger slide out switch is not shown on any one of the schematics. I think this was the first year Monaco offered the passenger slide. Next step shut down all power and inspect the switches and switch connections.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
After our Mesquite trip Parked the coach next to our house and plugged into our 50 amp service. Both hydraulic slides are dead. No response at all. Started making jumper cables with 1/4 inch quick disconnects to bypass the cargo door closed switches. They are not needed because even if the doors are open they a low enough that the slides cannot contact them. Every time I enter the RV I try the switches.
Today I just happened to be looking at the dash and noticed the parking brake warning light came on every time I actuated either of the hydraulic slide switches both in and out directions when the hydraulic motor failed to start. Verified that the parking brake was on. Kept pressing switches and the hydraulic pump started and the parking brake warning light went out. So the cargo door switches are no the problem. I guess that's a start. Still stumped.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Update from Rich Hagen. My intermittent slide actuation problem has been solved. The cause was the switches. Once I replaced both the passenger and driver slideout switches in 2016 the slides have operated without any further problems.

Tags
hydraulic, slide