Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2022, 10:03 AM   #1

Thumbs up 2002 Dynasty water

My water fill line has a bad leak. Other than a major repair and replace. Does anyone have any simple repairs. or is there another way to fill the water tank. Thanks Rory Miller
rory .miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There are two different ways to fill the fresh water tank. One uses the shore water hose with the fill lever in the "Fill" position. The other is a gravity fill port that fills from an outside port.
Which line is leaking?
I assume it's the gravity fill port because several of us have replaced it. I wouldn't consider it a major repair. The trick is to get the correct hose. Then it's a matter of removing two hose clamps and installing the new hose. You should use some sealant on the hose where it attaches to the tank.

Thanks to RobRoy here is a link to the correct hose. You will need 4' of hose.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/fre...id-350222.html

The gravity fill hose attaches to the tank about half way up so until it's replaced the fresh water tank will only hold 1/2 tank and will leak every time you turn a corner.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #3

I have a 2003 Dynasty 38' - the gravity water fill hose was rotted.

This is where I found a replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/Flats-Concess...7&sr=8-49&th=1

The 3' length might be enough, but I would buy the 10'.

I found that the access was the biggest problem. I took the fill plate off the outside of the MH and was able to reach in and loosen the hose clamp and then remove the old hose.

The replacement hose is flexible kind of easy to tear (thus, the recommendation for the 10' in case you ruin a section).

I was going to try to use some heavier duty tubing, but what I found was either not flexible enough or kinked when bent.

Defiantly not a major repair. Only took me about an hour.

Jim
Old 12-07-2022, 05:15 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
He may not have a gravity fill line as I don't.
Tim
Old 12-07-2022, 08:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you don't already have it, you can download the 2002 Dynasty owner's manual here: https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/
It's towards the bottom of the page.

On page 205 it shows both fresh water tank fill systems.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water