Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #1

Red face 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador No Shore Power !!

Have an Issue with every time I hook up shore Power 10 seconds later connector pops and no power!

Took it on a trip and ended up at a KOA camp Ground that you could use full power [50 amp service] .when I got back Home ,took and hooked everything just like it was before. 110 plug with adaptor , only running refrigerator. when I plug in,10 seconds pop and it won't reset. Going inside coach to make its not on anything higher than 5 amps. I cut all Batteries off and still every time I plug in it pops and no power,
It is a 2002 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38 ft. Pusher. Inside control Panel that shows investor power and amps .

Any help ?
Thanks !!
Just Frustrated !
vrodcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When you say it "pops" are you referring to the circuit breaker feeding the home outlet to which you are connected?

Sounds like you've got a load on that you don't realize.

Water heater? Engine block heater? Water bay heater? Something plugged in and left one that you didn't realize?

If you're plugging in at home, and tripping the breaker in the house's panel, the first thing to consider is whether you have something else plugged into the same circuit (in the house, not in the coach) that when combined with the load of the coach it becomes just too much. So don't forget to consider everything else that may be on the circuit, don't focus only on your coach.

If you have all of the "home" loads disconnected except the coach, and you're still tripping the breaker, try this sequence:
  1. Unplug
  2. Go into the rig's AC breaker panel and shut off every breaker, including the main breaker.
  3. Plug in, leave all of the breakers off. Does the problem breaker trip?
  4. Turn on just the main breaker. Does the problem breaker trip?
  5. Turn on the first individual branch breaker -- just the one. Does the problem breaker trip?
  6. Turn off the previous breaker and turn on the next one -- repeat for each breaker. Do any of them trip the problem breaker?

The idea is to divide and conquer. Start with everything off, and turn things on one by one. Give more than your troublesome 10 seconds to see if it will trip the breaker before you go on to the next one. At some point, turning on a breaker should cause your troublesome circuit breaker to trip -- that will be the circuit that has the excessive load. See what is on that circuit that is drawing too much power.

Of course, it's possible that you could get through all of the circuits one at a time, and not end up tripping your troublesome breaker. In that case, it's not that one circuit is drawing too much, it's a combination of circuits that add up to too much.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #3

Unhappy

Went and Turned Main Panel off [all breakers] off ,waited a bought 10 minutes everything good. The batteries were cut off going to House & Motor.
We cut main breaker on 15 seconds it Goes Out.

Before I cut everything off a few days ago I let the Generator charge everything so that inside the coach the panel wall showed everything fully charged.

Did not realize until I went to start Generator The coach Batteries were very low like some type of Draw

Any Ideas
Thanks
vrodcp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler, power, shore power