Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2002 Holiday Rambler Aux. Air pump replacement

I need to replace my aux. air leveling pump. I have two questions:
1.)Can the pump be removed with out losing suspension air (so coach does not settle down)or break air?
2.)If pump is removed can I still use the coach until it is replaced?
Thank you for your replies. Happy Trails.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I wouldn't go underneath to work on the air lines without the chassis supported on jack stands or wood blocks. Too much chance of releasing air and causing the RV to settle unexpectedly.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you that's exactly what I am concerned about.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Well I secured the chassis and answered both questions. There was no problem removing the pump, but after fixing the pump I still cant get it to run. I can feel the solenoid on the air manifold click along with the solenoid the pump wires go to. I checked inline fuse its ok but no power to the pump. So I still assistance in this.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you checked that the solenoid is actually passing electricity when it clicks? If you have a multimeter, check that the solenoid contacts close.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. Will do its raining here again so it will have to wait. The solenoid near the pump looks a little complicated with maybe 6-8 wires connected. Is there a place to get wiring diagram? I will keep posting any new info.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:28 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The pump actually has two parts, the pump, and the dryer. Do you know which Leveling system you have? I have a HWH 680 and Monaco went to a HWH 2000 a few years after, although I believe the pump portion is identical. You can go to Welcome to HWH Corporation. They have wiring diagrams and phone help. Keep in mind Monaco did not always install as directed. My system is supposed to be plumbed after the tanks with a check valve to prevent filling the air tanks with the tiny little pump, instead Monaco plumbed directly into the from tank.

Theory of Operation:

On my system the control wire [#9700] goes to a pressure switch on the output side of the dryer, with a check valve between the dryer and the pressure switch so the switch reads tank pressure. The control wire goes to relay control +. Running current from electrical system is fused near pump and runs to relay. Current flows to pump and dryer from the pump side of relay. The dryer has has a vent solenoid that must close to allow pump to pressurize. When leveling system is satisfied, or tank side pressure switch opens, the big Essex relay opens. This shuts down pump and allows dryer to vent to atmosphere. The check valve on the output side of the dryer, between the dryer and the pressure switch, holds system pressure. The leveling solenoids at the six pack hold pressure in the bags.

I hope this helps.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you very much for you helpful reply. I have not determined which system is installed. It will take a bit of research for me to continue. I have power to the black solenoid next to the pump. Most of the components meaning a few wires and air dryer are corrode and I need to remove that portion to replace, but everything is connected to the relay including the air dryer. I will continue with this and post my results. Please keep the information coming it all helps. Happy Trails...

Tags
ace, holiday rambler, replace, replacement