Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #1

2002 Monaco Knight brake recall

Bought a 2002 Monaco Knight 34'. Brakes were just about on fire yesterday so limped it to the shop. They removed the caliper but it has no part number on it. In doing some web searching it looks like the brakes were a recall. Since Monaco is out of business am I out of luck on the recall. Or is there a chassis dealer that took care of it? One of the biggest issues right now is there are no part numbers on the caliper. Does anyone have this number?

Lucked out the trailing arm on mine was not a recalled one.

Thanks, Rich
megacab52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacab52 View Post
Bought a 2002 Monaco Knight 34'. Brakes were just about on fire yesterday so limped it to the shop. They removed the caliper but it has no part number on it. In doing some web searching it looks like the brakes were a recall. Since Monaco is out of business am I out of luck on the recall. Or is there a chassis dealer that took care of it? One of the biggest issues right now is there are no part numbers on the caliper. Does anyone have this number?

Lucked out the trailing arm on mine was not a recalled one.

Thanks, Rich
My 2001 Monaco Knight used the same brakes as a Ford F-650 (or F-550 I don't remember which) truck. I had one lock up and over heat. Found a number cast into the caliper housing. Did a Google on that number and it came up with the Ford F-650 (F-550). Went to the local Ford truck dealer with the old caliper and it was an exact match. Swapped it out and no more problem.

As I remember it, the piston was some kind of composite that expanded when hot and caused it to stick forcing the pads against the rotor making things even hotter. It's been some years ago.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #3

[QUOTE=hohenwald48;3434808]My 2001 Monaco Knight used the same brakes as a Ford F-650 (or F-550 I don't remember which) truck. I had one lock up and over heat. Found a number cast into the caliper housing. Did a Google on that number and it came up with the Ford F-650 (F-550). Went to the local Ford truck dealer with the old caliper and it was an exact match. Swapped it out and no more problem.

As I remember it, the piston was some kind of composite that expanded when hot and caused it to stick forcing the pads against the rotor making things even hotter. It's been some years ago.[/QUO

Thanks you I will head to the parts store in the morning. Rich
Old 01-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #4

monaco brakes

I have a 2002 Knight also brakes work well all four corners are disk part # 4153306 this is a 73 mm caliper Pad set up should be the same over all axles I read a post where they may have had a 63 mm pad in place could have happened the 73 mm is supposed to set in the same place.

Buxtonworks 30 pdp Allison 3000
buxtonworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #5

Here is the part number if anyone has the same issue

Thank you for the responses. The NAPA part number is CAL SE8609. That is for the Caliper. The cost was $110.33 each. The same part for all 4 wheels. The Caliper was used on a Ford F-650 and a 2003 International 4300 as well as a bunch of others. It was recalled in 2004 for the brakes getting hot which is what mine is doing. Spent 2K a couple of months ago on a complete brake job. You would think they would have checked the Calipers.

Rich

Thanks again your information got me in the right track.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:37 AM   #6

brake pads for a monaco knight 2002 38'

Would you happen to have the Brake pad numbers the ones off my motorhome monaco knight 2002 are HX-7A1-ee but are having no luck cross referencing them.
franco255 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, monaco, recall