RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Dynasty antennas?

Hi,
3 antennas sticking up... is the CB antenna the one mounted above the drivers side window?

What I make out to be the AM/FM radio antenna is over the electronic gear compartment on the passenger side on the roof, but it looks like a CB antenna. From the limited tracing I've done, its wire does seem to go to the receiver in that compartment. That sound right?

Lastly there is a short stub of an antenna on the roof, to the left side of where the original satellite antenna was but danged if I can figure out what that is for. It doesn't have coax ends on it. Any ideas?

What spurred this whole investigation was i decided to remove what appeared to just be an unsightly antenna shock spring, and now after getting it off the roof and opening up underneath, I find that it was actually dripping into the coach. Think your doing something simple and then it goes down hill!

The CB has never seemed to work well either so was hoping to improve its reception by figuring out whats doing what.

Thank you in advance for any clarification help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2342.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	199494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	199495  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ours has two cb antenna and they are never used

Old 04-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
CB antenna on my 04 Dynasty is the one above the driver's head.
Ivylog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The antenna in your images is the CB antenna. You can tell that from the PL259 connector on the bottom of the antenna.

On my Ambassador, the radio antenna is over the driver's seat near the air-horns. The CB is centered, and the television antenna is on the passenger side over the co-pilots seat. The satellite antenna is back about six to eight feet behind the CB antenna (centered).
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
That is what throws me off... the stereo receiver is on the passenger side, but the antenna type appears on the left (driver) side of the roof.

The CB type antenna appears on the passenger side but the CB, from the factory, faces the driver's right knee.

And then there is the antenna above the driver's windows, which must be the dash radio.

Confusing, but regardless something for everyone to be attentive to is possibility of leaks around any of the roof intrusions. I thought I just had a rusty spring, and now find its been leaking all the way through and inside the coach. The caulking and such looked good from the outside.

Thanks everyone.

Tags
antenna