Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Dynasty Remote Keyless Box Location

Hi All,
Starting to work out some issues on the new-to-us 2003 Dynasty Regal.
I've looked up information on the Essex keypad, and it looks like it's probably a self-contained device, with a separate box for the keyfob remote functions.
I,m trying to find the control box for the remote, and the programming switch for the keypad.
Some reports say they should be in the passenger armrest, some say behind the radio, or under driver's dash.
So apparently they moved it around from time to time. And I don't see anything obvious under the dash.
Before I start tearing stuff up... anybody have suggestions of where to start looking on a 2003?
Thanks,
Walter
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #2

on my 2004 it's up in the dash, accessed via the cover on the top of the cluster,

might be just laying in in there or velcrowed to the firewall..

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
As noted by a few others, wait til it's dark inside/outside and then try to look all over up under the dash area for a blinky lite. You may have to activate the system first.

HTH
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcneil View Post
Hi All,

Starting to work out some issues on the new-to-us 2003 Dynasty Regal.

I've looked up information on the Essex keypad, and it looks like it's probably a self-contained device, with a separate box for the keyfob remote functions.

I,m trying to find the control box for the remote, and the programming switch for the keypad.

Some reports say they should be in the passenger armrest, some say behind the radio, or under driver's dash.

So apparently they moved it around from time to time. And I don't see anything obvious under the dash.

Before I start tearing stuff up... anybody have suggestions of where to start looking on a 2003?

Thanks,

Walter

Those two items are not necessarily together. On my '03 Sig, a close sibling, the control box is under the passenger side dash access panel. The programing button is under the passenger armrest.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks all. I didn't realize how easy the cup holder is to remove... The button is under there in the arm rest.
I'll check under the dash cover plate to see if the other box is there.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It took weeks to find my RF receiver. Rusty gave the key. Use the remote or the keypad to lock the system, then search for the blinking red light at night. I found mine in the top of the dash under a removable panel. Several folks have found theirs in the passenger arm rest.

Now, are you trying to reprogram the keypad, or trying to program remote fobs?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Found the RF box under the cover on top of the dash.
At this point, I'm just assessing what I've got. The door keypad was disconnected; hooked it back up, and it blinks every 5 sec or so and makes a beep-beep each time the pad flashes. So I guess that's why the PO disconnected it.
I don't have any remote controls, so I can't actuate the locks by RF. The FCC ID JLFM1 on the RF box indicates that it was made by Chamberlain?
I think first I'll order a new keypad, and in the mean time try jumpering the keypad wiring to see if I can manually actuate the locks. If I can get the keypad working, I'm not sure if I'll be motivated to get the RF working.
I found a wiring diagram on the keypad, and I have the coach's wiring diagrams, so should be able to ascertain if the power locks are working.
Oh my gosh, this coach is one complex machine!
Here are some pictures of mine, in case somebody is searching for info...

Old 02-14-2017, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Found the RF box under the cover on top of the dash.

At this point, I'm just assessing what I've got. The door keypad was disconnected; hooked it back up, and it blinks every 5 sec or so and makes a beep-beep each time the pad flashes. So I guess that's why the PO disconnected it.

I don't have any remote controls, so I can't actuate the locks by RF. The FCC ID on the RF box indicates that it was made by Chamberlain?

I think first I'll order a new keypad, and in the mean time try jumpering the keypad wiring to see if I can manually actuate the locks. If I can get the keypad working, I'm not sure if I'll be motivated to get the RF working.

I found a wiring diagram on the keypad, and I have the coach's wiring diagrams, so should be able to ascertain if the power locks are working.

Oh my gosh, this coach is one complex machine!

Since you found the keypad programming button, try this:

1. Press the programming button
2. 4 rapid beeps should sound
3. Enter 1119 on the keypad
4. Three rapid beeps will sound
5. Enter a new 3 to 8 digit master user code
6. In 5 seconds you should hear 2 rapid beeps indicating the new code is accepted
7. Test new code.

If it doesn't work, repeat steps. Of course if your keypad is toast it will have to be replaced first. The new keypads seem more robust than the OEM. The digits 555 will lock the coach. When you enter your master code, follow with a 9 and the bay locks will unlock.

Yes, they are complex. I've lived in mine 10 years & am still learning stuff. Really great coaches though.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure those lase picture links will work. Here are the pictures again as attachments.
If anybody knows where I can get a compatible remote, I might give that a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	151903   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1251.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	151904  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1252.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	755.8 KB
ID:	151905  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Since you found the keypad programming button, try this:
It's not responding to the programming button. It just flashes and beeps.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #11

Quote:
It's not responding to the programming button. It just flashes and beeps.

Talk to these guys. They have a drop in replacement. & also have remote modules & remotes:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...uct_Code=AKE-5
Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Talk to these guys. They have a drop in replacement. & also have remote modules & remotes:

A1 Electric Online Store: Essex AKE-5 Keypad Keyless Entry
Thanks. I think that's my next step. If I can find the right pages in the Monaco wiring diagrams (make sense of it...), I might also order their wireless module.

Tags
cat