Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2022, 06:30 AM   #1

Smile 2003 Monaco Diplomat

Is there any 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38' owners on this site?? I can't seem to find any! The reason is I would like to change my house batteries over to Lithium. Right now I have four 6v and I think they got frozen over the winter, -35 to -41C will know when it gets warmer. I would like to go into the States this summer, but, if this Covid #@%$! will be over we will be on our way!! When we do go I will have to find dealer and installer to do the install for me.
Another question I have is why doesn't Monaco have the 2003 Monaco Diplomat on their web site?? I live in Edmonton area in Canada. I hope I done this right as first time posting.
TOPSYMORGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2022, 01:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPSYMORGAN View Post
Is there any 2003 Monaco Diplomat 38' owners on this site?? I can't seem to find any! The reason is I would like to change my house batteries over to Lithium. Right now I have four 6v and I think they got frozen over the winter, -35 to -41C will know when it gets warmer. I would like to go into the States this summer, but, if this Covid #@%$! will be over we will be on our way!! When we do go I will have to find dealer and installer to do the install for me.
Another question I have is why doesn't Monaco have the 2003 Monaco Diplomat on their web site?? I live in Edmonton area in Canada. I hope I done this right as first time posting.
Your model also should be along with the year. I installed BigBattery LiFePo batteries in my 2004 Diplomate DST. The battery bays can be different.

I would suggest that you really look at how much you will be off-grid before you dump thousands into the batteries. Don't get the cheapest ones. My BigBattery has temp sensors and will prevent harmful charge and discharge at temps. I got 17Kwhr of batteries, but that ran $6k a year ago. Then, you may want to consider a new inverter, if yours is old and not able to program for lithium charging. Get a true sign wave like Magnum.

Then you also need to decide if you are going 24v or 12v. 12v is an easier swap, but can add thicker cables and double amperage if adding solar. If you are adding solar, this all goes together. Getting enough panels to charge the batteries per your usage. I added 2400W of solar to my roof, which then needed charge controllers....list goes on.

Just don't let a salesperson talk you into getting a lot more than you want or need.
04 Monaco DST 40'-Cum330ISC/Onan7.5K QDiesel Gen/Silverleaf VMSpc/Garmin760MLT/WeBoost 4GX-OTR/EEZ Tire Mon/ReadyBrake->Roadmaster All Terrain->'21 Jeep Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel/17KWh LFP/RO Water-100G/2400W solar roof/Victron MPPTs
gsgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #3

Smile

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I figure that I will have to spend about $ 3000 to 4000 bucks on all that I need. My son is converting an old ambulance over to a camper and he is going Lithium, and he said he would help me ( he will do it ) he is a heavy duty mechanic and he did have a 2012 Monaco a few years back ( I don't know why he got rid of it, he bought it in Florida and brought it back to Alberta, I think he made a good dollar on it when he sold it!! Any thing you buy up here and it was made in the U.S. you have to double it, thanks again.

Dave
TOPSYMORGAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diplomat, monaco, monaco diplomat