Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Monaco Dynasty & Roadmaster Brakemaster 9160

We recently changed our Toad to a Ford Flex and I am installing a Roadmaster Brakemaster 9160 for auxilary braking. I have the Flex install planned out and should be finishing it up in the next couple of days.

I have not looked under the Dynasty yet. I understand that the air brake relay valve should be somewhere just forward of the tag axle. Has anyone installed this system on there Dynasty and have any additional detailed advice?

Thanks!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to saduncan1
Ford Flex

I did this install last year with a Flex, Ill assume that the Signature is the same. Follow your air lines from the brake cans to a set of valves two are ABS and the single valve is the R 14 or relay valve you should have extra ports on the valve to pull a new supply and signal air for your brake on the flex. If it stops raining here in WA. Ill take some pics and send them to you if you like. Did you purchase the brake away system also?
Steve
Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Steve,

Thanks for the info. It is about 92 outside so I just came in for a break to take a drink of ice cold tea

I am installing the Flex side this afternoon. I had drilled a couple of holes in the firewall last week and ran the tail and signal light harness. I just pulled the signal wire and air line through the firewall before I came in for a break. I will finish the Flex side this afternoon and Dynasty side tomorrow afternoon/evening, so your info should help!

Yes, I purchased the complete 9160 which includes the break away. I have looked at several places to mount the air tank and believe I have it figured out but not 100% sure yet, so if you have a photo of your installation that would also be good. I did see where one had mounted theirs on the inside on the air cylinder but not sure I want to do it that way.

Well, back outside to do some more work!

Thanks,

Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saduncan1 View Post
I did this install last year with a Flex, Ill assume that the Signature is the same. Follow your air lines from the brake cans to a set of valves two are ABS and the single valve is the R 14 or relay valve you should have extra ports on the valve to pull a new supply and signal air for your brake on the flex. If it stops raining here in WA. Ill take some pics and send them to you if you like. Did you purchase the brake away system also?
Steve

Old 09-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to saduncan1
Ronnie, I tried to send some pics of the install on the Flex, they came back and said you don't receive Emails. I mounted the e brake in the right inner finder behind the two reservoirs, I didn't want it inside. send me an email address and Ill send you the pics.
Steve
JUST CHECKED MY EMAIL GOT IT.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Steve,

Thanks for the photos. I got most of the items finished in the Flex, just need to put the air and trailer light brackets on the front and the Flex side will be finished. I did notice from your photo of the seat backet you turned it around 180 degrees to the photos in the instructions. I had already done that as that was the only way to make the air cylinder line up correctly! I talked to Roadmaster and they are going to change their instructions for the new brackets they make. I have been shooting photos of the install and will create a PDF and post it for those that are doing the Flex install.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #6

Equiping 2014 Ford Flex for towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by saduncan1 View Post
Steve
Do you have any pictures available of you Brakemaster install. I have the base plate installed, trying to get the brake and lights done. Not sure best place to bring the air line into the cabin. Also trying to figure how to do the lights....LED. Car is Ford Flex 2014 Limited.
Thanks
ibdick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, monaco