Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #1

2003 Monaco Monarch Entry door

The Door has never closed correctly/easily since bought new. Most of the time its like the hood of a car one the first latch. If you are outside and really slam a follow thru it will close tightly/ When inside its nearly impossible to close completely. The bolt and large washer in the jamb has been moved to try and remedy. If its a hot day and sun is on the door it sticks and really irritates the wife. If you have a idea or know of parts that I need please respond. Thanks Jim
fayjim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #2

Have a 06 Beaver that I believe has the same door as yours. I found a really good write up on the door and adjustments. Not as simple as you would think. Send me a email or pm me and I will try to find a copy of the document. It helped me a lot.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwyatt View Post
Have a 06 Beaver that I believe has the same door as yours. I found a really good write up on the door and adjustments. Not as simple as you would think. Send me a email or pm me and I will try to find a copy of the document. It helped me a lot.
My door has similar issues. Do you mind posting the document or emailing me a copy?

Thanks.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #4

Will try to post but not sure how. Pm me or provide a email and I would be happy to share. I got it off this site some time ago.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #5

Not uncommon to get locked in or out due to rod adjustments. Google or search here for Monaco door rod adjustment. You'll find posts and vids on Utube.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #6

I dunno, fellas... I have that adjustment document, and it doesn't apply to the door they installed on my bottom-of-the-line HR Admiral, which is the "twin" of the Monaco Monarch. In fact, I have found very little to adjust.

Jim ("fayjim2")-

If you could post a few pictures of the lock and door:

- outside view of the lock
- inside view of the lock
- jamb (edge-on) view of the lock
- view of the pin on the door jamb

it would help us give better advice. Instructions on how to add photos to a post are here.

Also, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

I may have wiring diagrams for your coach. If you send me a private message that includes your e-mail address, I'll send the diagrams to you. Don't "publish" your e-mail address in public here, or the spammers will get it. Instructions on sending a private message are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:35 PM   #7

I have a monarch and get worsening latching issues after rough roads. Apparently the door beats itself down and becomes misaligned. California roads are the gift that keeps on giving. I find I can improve latching by getting a large screwdriver and slightly bending the door up. It is actually the aluminum hinges that are bending and a small upward tweak will align them better.
For the record, I have never been able to get to the second latch. I think the lockset was poorly designed with minimal adjustment possible. If you add any sort of weatherstrip at the screen door to shut it up it gets worse. I settled for a good latch on first click and ALWAYS use the deadbolt.
Hope this helps some...
Doug
Busbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 05:19 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This may be the document your looking for
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Door Bushing Replacement & Latch Adjustment.pdf (985.1 KB, 140 views)
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Also, note that the two lock pins need to be loose.
They need to be able to move up/down so the door can flex with chassis movements going down the road.

EDIT - I see Ken already provided the door adjustment document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Door Adjusting -entrance door.pdf (338.6 KB, 25 views)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #10

I'm one happy camper

Door has been driving me nuts for two seasons. Studied the PDF and went out to check my Tiffin. They us a different but similar mechanism. No bushing and only a single latch that comes up from the bottom. The PDF did put me on the trail though. I have been adjusting the jamb post, hinges and anything else that would move a little. The secret is in the linkage. Adjusted the inside and outside latch linkage and it is like a new door.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entry door, monaco