Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #1

2003 Monaco Windsor

Hi everyone new to the forum first post on thread please be gentle. If anybody could help me clear my confusion on a 03 Windor 40' pst 400 isl on a freightliner chassis. I tried to do research on it but everything I come across is on a Roadmaster chassis. Is a Freightliner chassis the same setup on 8 bags? I haven't contacted the person because I'm trying to get a little more knowledge about the unit. I've Seen quite a bit of videos,read several things on recalls and I can't find anything on the chassis for that year Freightliner.
Next time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next time View Post
Hi everyone new to the forum first post on thread please be gentle. If anybody could help me clear my confusion on a 03 Windor 40' pst 400 isl on a freightliner chassis. I tried to do research on it but everything I come across is on a Roadmaster chassis. Is a Freightliner chassis the same setup on 8 bags? I haven't contacted the person because I'm trying to get a little more knowledge about the unit. I've Seen quite a bit of videos,read several things on recalls and I can't find anything on the chassis for that year Freightliner.
We have a 2003 Windsor DST and it rides on an RR8R Roadmaster 8 bag. Might be wrong but never heard of one on a Freight shaker chassis.
gonecampin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #3

And that is where my confusion is because his ad says it's on a Freightliner everything I have read has said that Roadmaster was there chassis
Old 02-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
in 2002 and prior years, monaco built the windsor on the semimonacoque chassis. I believe in 2003 they switches to the RR8S (raised rail 8 airbags side radiator) chassis, and continued that in 2004, 05, and 06. 2006 was the last year they built the windsor.

It's always been a monaco product (roadmaster). Never a freightliner.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
in 2002 and prior years, monaco built the windsor on the semimonacoque chassis. I believe in 2003 they switches to the RR8S (raised rail 8 airbags side radiator) chassis, and continued that in 2004, 05, and 06. 2006 was the last year they built the windsor.

It's always been a monaco product (roadmaster). Never a freightliner.
My bad RR8S is correct.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #6

I thank you for confirming everything I have read about it. Not sure where the seller is getting his information from I think I'm just going to have to contact him. And yes it is the side mount radiator
Old 02-27-2019, 06:07 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I thank you for confirming everything I have read about it. Not sure where the seller is getting his information from I think I'm just going to have to contact him. And yes it is the side mount radiator
Probably was told it was a freightliner or just mistaken. Good unit, we really like ours.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #8

Thank you guy, feeling a little more confident I contacted the party and yes he made a mistake it's on the Roadmaster RR8S
Old 02-27-2019, 07:39 PM   #9

He made a mistake on the engine too , the 03 Windsor has a 370 HP ISL .
The 400 ISL came out in 04 . Both have 1260 ft lbs torque .

Ray
03 Windsor PST
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post
He made a mistake on the engine too , the 03 Windsor has a 370 HP ISL .
The 400 ISL came out in 04 . Both have 1260 ft lbs torque .

Ray
03 Windsor PST
That's what ours has and it has plenty of power. Pull a 4200 pound toad and does just fine. Good luck with your venture.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecampin1 View Post
That's what ours has and it has plenty of power. Pull a 4200 pound toad and does just fine. Good luck with your venture.
I think it is mostly torque that gets these heavy beasts rolling .
I've wondered if we could tell a difference between the 370HP and a 400HP .
I'm thinking not much .

Ray 03 Windsor PST
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:23 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
And that is where my confusion is because his ad says it's on a Freightliner everything I have read has said that Roadmaster was there chassis
Monaco's Roadmaster chassis was proprietary, they manufactured it themselves.
There is no Freightliner chassis under a Monaco coach.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
The Windsor is a well built coach. You would be hard pressed to find a 2019 coach with the same build quality. Monaco custom built each Roadmaster chassis for the coach it was going on.
The 2003 brochure is not listed, but both the 2002 and 2004 models are available for download.
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures?y=2002
https://www.monacocoach.com/luxury-rv-brochures?y=2004
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #14

And that's why I came to ask the questions on this site because I knew that here i would get a straight answer. So on the horsepower I have the same question a while back and spoke to a diesel mechanic. I wanted to try I understand what's the difference between the ISC, ISL, & ISM was. What he told me is they know them by liters . So if I remember correctly 8.9 ISL is known as a 9 L , 370 - 400 Hp depending on how it was programed

Tags
monaco