Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 06:26 PM   #1

2003 Monaco Windsor need help

Hi all,
I’m looking at purchasing a 2003 Monaco Windsor that’s in pretty good shape, except it has had some thievery. It was left in a rural RV storage lot and someone broke in and stole all the plumbing from the air cleaner to the turbo and from the turbo to the exhaust. I was hoping that someone with a 2003 Monaco Windsor or maybe 2002 or 2004 with the Cummings engine could take pictures of the plumbing from the air cleaner to the turbo and from the turbo to the exhaust. I have contacted the towing company to take it to the nearest exhaust shop and that was going to cost me $2300 to get it there and another ~$1000 dollars to fix and 2+ months. I have contacted the Rev group for a parts diagram, but all they have is a parts list. I’ve also contacted a company on the east coast that bought out a lot of the Monaco parts and a couple of companies in southern Oregon.. But they don’t have diagrams either. thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
Oregondeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 08:20 PM   #2

I have an 02 windsor I'll try to take photos tomorrow but you might try a salvage yard they don't sell those parts with the engines then you can just bot them on
Old 03-27-2023, 08:32 PM   #3

I agree, they should be readily available from a salvage yard.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:39 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Look at cummins motor that will help they are basically all the same
oh no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:37 PM   #5

This may be of help:
Visone RV (606) 843-9889 | Used RV Parts !
Visone RV Parts - Worlds Largest Selection Of Used RV Parts / Motorhome Parts for sale. At Visone RV, you will find Used Motorhome / RV Parts for sale along with a large selection of interesting items related to Insurance Salvage.
RayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 07:50 PM   #6

Did you get the pictures you wanted?
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:28 AM   #7

No I haven’t. Thanks. What I need is the pic from the air filter to the turbo, and from the turbo to the exhaust. Also helpful would be the turbo to the air cooler. This one is connected,but it doesn’t look quite right to me.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:20 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregondeere View Post
Hi all,
I’m looking at purchasing a 2003 Monaco Windsor that’s in pretty good shape, except it has had some thievery. It was left in a rural RV storage lot and someone broke in and stole all the plumbing from the air cleaner to the turbo and from the turbo to the exhaust. ......

This sounds real fishy to me. I just can't figure out why someone would go to such extremes to rip just those particular parts out.
My guess is the previous owner started fixing the turbo or something and lost the parts.

And there is probably a lot more stuff missing that is not obvious at this point.

Do you know in fact if the engine runs and is in good shape?
Old 03-31-2023, 07:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregondeere View Post
No I haven’t. Thanks. What I need is the pic from the air filter to the turbo, and from the turbo to the exhaust. Also helpful would be the turbo to the air cooler. This one is connected,but it doesn’t look quite right to me.
I will take pictures of my 2002 in the morning.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
It would help if you posted pictures of your current engine and where the intake air comes from.

Monaco's are known to be snowflakes. I've seem any pictures of engines of the same year make/model and the air intake is different. In my case my intake comes in on the passenger side through a louvered vent, and goes through a box for getting rid of water. A long piece of ~5" ducting then connects to the air filter mounted on passenger side of engine above compressor and lift pump. There is then a 90 degree elbow and a piece of pipe that crosses over the engine and then another 90 elbow with a pipe going toward the turbo.

But I've seen some with the filter mounted in the rear of the engine and pipe going across and under the alternator and then up to the turbo.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:58 AM   #11

[QUOTE=bizzerbiz;6460978]I will take pictures of my 2002 in the morning.[/QUOTE
Hope these help. If the pictures don't upload, I'll try again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230401_094017.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	389350   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230401_094000.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	389351  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230401_093941.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	389352   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230401_093200.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	389353  

Old 04-01-2023, 11:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
It would help if you posted pictures of your current engine and where the intake air comes from.

Monaco's are known to be snowflakes. I've seem any pictures of engines of the same year make/model and the air intake is different. In my case my intake comes in on the passenger side through a louvered vent, and goes through a box for getting rid of water. A long piece of ~5" ducting then connects to the air filter mounted on passenger side of engine above compressor and lift pump. There is then a 90 degree elbow and a piece of pipe that crosses over the engine and then another 90 elbow with a pipe going toward the turbo.

But I've seen some with the filter mounted in the rear of the engine and pipe going across and under the alternator and then up to the turbo.
As is mine as described in the rear. Must be different model #s that constitutes the placement. Mine is a PST. So we can only assume, he needs pictures of the same model #.
Apples and Oranges otherwise!
Old 04-01-2023, 02:35 PM   #13

Thanks for your help

Hi, All this really helps. Thanks.
I'm trying to see how to attach a few pix of the issue that has to be dealt with.
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showp...hp?photo=38185
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/.../IMG_0532b.jpg
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/.../IMG_0532a.jpg
https://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/.../IMG_05321.jpg

This is a 38 PST. the owner has a put on a filter K&N? to get to is shop.
Thanks again,
Old 04-01-2023, 03:43 PM   #14

I agree with lowflyer, the ducting is an oddball theft. Guess the owner should be happy that's all they needed.

Tags
monaco, need help, wind, windsor