Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #1

2004 Dynasty hydraulic slide

Hello hope someone can help

My dynasty has both front hydraulic slides
The drivers side is working fine

But the passanger side has come in and now won’t go out

The motor runs but the slide don’t move and it makes the sound as if it is fully in or fully out

Could this just be low fuild if so where is the resivior

Thank you hope someone can give me some info
wolfsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #2

Can anyone help please
Old 07-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #3

my dynasty has the reservoir in front of the outside step, air up lay on ground in front of pass front tire look up. Do not fill to top while slides are extended read in manual it has procedure in book
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #4

Thank you
Will look there I don’t have a manual can I fill while slides are in
Old 07-10-2018, 04:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I'm still just learning about these slides... but it sounds to me like you may have a solenoid problem? If it is not moving but the motor sounds like it is loading up, that doesn't sound like low fluid to me.

I have a 2003 Dynasty with HWH slides "The HWH® SpaceMaker®
Dual-Cylinder “Rail” Hydraulic Room Extension". Mine has a leaking cylinder and have been doing a bunch of research lately to figure out what to do about it.

There's a lot of documentation on the HWH website, but it was hard for me to discern what is relevant.
For my systems I found the following HWH documents to be useful for Monaco having two hydraulic slides and hyd genny slide (without hydraulic leveling): ML25637, ML19241, mr404250, mr412005, ml23567
Start with document mr404250: "OEM Guide Page
HWH SpaceMaker Equipment for MONACO COACH Vehicles", If yours is different from mine, you can use that document to figure out what you have and then you can find relevant documents from there.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Either the solenoid is stuck or the slide locks are not releasing. Also, did you check to make sure your bay doors are closed and the light is out?

Download your owners manual here:
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #7

Thank you go on that website
And look now
Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Either the solenoid is stuck or the slide locks are not releasing. Also, did you check to make sure your bay doors are closed and the light is out?

Download your owners manual here:
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals
Yes the motor will not run if the bay doors are open
Old 07-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #9

Check for power at the solenoid when activating the switch. The switch, if like mine, activates both the motor and the appropriate solenoid.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hopefully you have fixed your slide-out problem by now. I have a 2003 Monaco Sig and had a similar problem with the passenger slide-out. The motor was making a noise when the button was pushed but the slide didn't move. As it turned out, there was a blown fuse located near the front steps underneath the coach and when it got replaced, the slide worked. I've had several problems with the slides on my rig - some from blown fuses and others related to slides needing to be activated only when the rig is brought to full travelling height after having been leveled.
EDZ SIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, hydraulic