Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2004 HR Admiral Mystery Wire

I can't help with the diagrams sorry. I was hoping I could get you to send me a pic of the passenger side front compartment with the fuse panel cover removed.
I have a wire that possibly pulled out of a connector and I'm trying to double check.
I have sent a pic I took of said wire and it is coming out of the gray wire loom bundle thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220920_105001_Gallery.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	376907  
macjac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2022, 06:10 AM   #2

Looks like wire went to one of those upper plugs.Hate to say but seems like pin may be pulled out of board. As in it looks like there's an extra portion/half of plug base in the exposed connector, It just looks really long to fit most plugs. I hope I'm wrong and it's just different connector/plug than I'm used to. Unplugging them should show you if ends are male or female.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:13 AM   #3

04 HR Admiral 37 PCT

Have a wire pulled loose from one of the connectors in the fuse panel in the compartment below passenger seat. Only yellow wire out of grey bundle anyone have a picture they can send?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220923_093209_Gallery.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	377318
Old 09-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #4

macjac69-

Should be the wire that feeds the slide out relay board, fuse F22, as marked with the yellow arrow, below.

I have wiring diagrams for your coach. If you send me a private message that includes your e-mail address, I'll send the diagrams to you.

Is your coach built on a Ford or Workhorse chassis?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Markup.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	377327  
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjac69 View Post
I can't help with the diagrams sorry. I was hoping I could get you to send me a pic of the passenger side front compartment with the fuse panel cover removed.
I have a wire that possibly pulled out of a connector and I'm trying to double check.
I have sent a pic I took of said wire and it is coming out of the gray wire loom bundle thanks.
Hope this helps

It looks like it came out of the block that has 2 yellow wires in it, the one by the screw, or where it says ignition #2.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220928_135848.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	377517  
Mik_kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_kan View Post
Hope this helps

It looks like it came out of the block that has 2 yellow wires in it, the one by the screw, or where it says ignition #2.
Yep, I'd bet on that plug in. It's obvious it pulled from there the way it comes under the wire and the position it in.
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:50 PM   #7

Are yellows ground wires on HRs? I would want to be absolutely sure before I plugged it in anywhere
Old 10-02-2022, 11:49 AM   #8

Update:
Seems as though that yellow is a ground of some sort because when inserted into that position all three of my slideouts were inop.
Removed it and operations were normal again. I just don't know why if it is not used HR would even pin it out.
All of this began when I was troubleshooting my map lights that are underneath the big TV box. They all of a sudden just stopped working.
I ordered a new headlight switch thinking that was the issue but it was not. I've check every fuse in the coach and all were good. Anyone had to work this issue before? I've checked and there is no 12v at either of the two light fixtures.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #9

macjac69-

[Mod Edit]

The wire- when it's in place- prevents the slides from being moved while the engine is on. It's a safety feature. I recommend using it.

The map lights may get their 12V through fuse F53 in the Front Distribution Panel. Check to see if you have 12V on both sides of that fuse. The house battery switch must be on to power fuse F53.

On a Ford chassis, the headlight switch controls the driver-side map light. Roll the dimmer all the way up, then past the detent, to turn on that light. May work similarly for a Workhorse chassis; I don't have any direct experience with that.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:55 PM   #10

Before they stopped working the switch turned both lights on.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:43 PM   #11

would be curious to see where all the other wires in that bundle kinda connect to, as slide out power etc... The wire plugging in, could be the ignition ON stop the slides from moving. Try turning the ignition on, and move the slides. I WISH i could start the engine and as i am airing up, pull the slides in. IF the slides work with the ignition on, that could be where it goes.. Would narrow down what it could be, if it stops the slides from running.
Wadell is offline   Reply With Quote