RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

2004 HR Endeavor

Looking at a 2004 HR Endeavor. Looks to be in excellent shape. Miles a little high, 90,000 but coach looks to be well maintained. Is the Endeavor a well designed, well built coach?...Thanks for your help
Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #2

Hi Tov61; I have not owned a H.R. product, but I have owned 2 Monaco coaches. The H.R. lineup mirrors a lot of the Monaco lineup. A lot of models are almost identical except for the badging on the outside. Endeavor's are very nice and well built coaches. A lot comes down to care. If you are not versed in class A diesel pusher experience and know how to fix a lot of things yourself, always have the coach inspected by a professional inspector. Can save you a lot of grief.

I personally, if I was in the market, would consider a H.R. Endeavor. I am sure you will hear from owners here soon. Good luck on your future purchase.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:56 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
X2 on what Oilburner wrote.

HR products are worth looking at.

Probably the biggest thing to consider is if there are any maintenance records showing ongoing maintenance for a rig of that age. The drive train specifically should be looked at including engine, transmission, brakes. I would recommend oil analysis on the engine and transmission looking for any abnormal levels of metal or contamination.

I also recommend a professional inspection if you are not knowledgeable with these types of coaches.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #4

Finally decision will of course be on you. I can only comment of my experience with my 2002 HR Endeavor 40ft. 90,000 isn't a lot for a well maintained diesel engine.
I personally like the aluminum roof and the Roadmaster raised rail frame. Frame gives nice full pass through cargo storage (have one slide in front storage). Over all construction is good, yes, OSB was used but I don't know a manufacture who doesn't (much the pity). Any used purchase will carry with it a maintenance issue, but baring a major issue (do inspection), the little things will only educate you and make you a more competent owner.
My 2002 drives like a sports car, actually fun to drive. With the 330 cummins, I sail through our BC Canada mountain roads, passing semi trucks like they are standing still on the hills.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frame.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	302182  
Old 09-28-2020, 07:00 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We recently purchased a 2020 HR Endeavor and took it out this past week for her maiden voyage and wow what a joy. Everything functioned perfectly and we discovered how well built and the attention to detail HR seemed to have. Extremely impressive coach and i would truly consider anything they put out. They just seem to of thought in the mind set of an owner and things are where you expect them to be and very well built.
wyatt183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #6

Have owned 2004 Endeavor for 6 years. 140,000 miles on 330 ISC and wouldn't think twice about heading out cross country... Mine was not well looked after by previous owners and was reflected in purchase price...with most units that age staying ahead of rust is a must...
Eagles16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:29 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Maybe do an oil sample if it hasnt been changed lately. And at least check the trans fluid. Check for delamination.

In the early 2000s Endeavors were just the standard RR8 chassis with the ISC. As you moved up to the higher end coaches they had upgraded interiors, drivers features (such as smart wheel) and cabinets standard but the basic drivetrain and shell was the same.

Basically all HRs and Monacos are worth the $ now especially with all the crazy going on. And I love my HR scepter.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #8

We recently bought a 2000 HR Endeavor with a 3126B. Had 84k miles on it and had good maintenance records. Not fantastic, but good. We felt it was a good value and bought it in July. We've put 2,500 miles on it and so far so good (knock on wood). I've been going through and making sure all the filters and fluids are fresh (haven't done the transmission yet, otherwise done everything else). If you have a 3126/C7 make sure the HEUI high pressure oil hose has been updated. Air bags are original and I'm replacing those before the next big trip. Otherwise, everything looks good.

90k is nothing for the drivetrain, if anything you could argue it's better for the drivetrain to have been driven than to have sat. The real issue is the coach itself. If well maintained, we've not found anything that makes ours feel like it's aging. We have gone through and done a lot of aesthetic updates so far to make it feel more modern/newer.

I'd not be concerned.

Tags
endeavor