Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The aux compressor has it's own small tank. Mine is on the passenger side, accessable thru the gen compartment.
This electric compressor wont fill your main air tanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
You mean I shouldn't have to start the coach to air up? I have an auxiliary compressor on my 2001 Dynasty HWH Air leveling?

Jeff
Correct. It is located behind the rt front wheel, just inside the frame rail. They are not covered so connections can get corroded. There is fuse at the compressor that can fail. There are also two fuses in your lt front run bay that should be checked. You likely have an HWH 680 system. It is similar to the 2000 but has different brains. My leveler brain is in the compartment behind the rt front wheel in the ceiling behind a door. It should maintain the system pressure between 105 and 115 psi.

There are two relays and a pressure switch that must operate for it to fill the system. It is very quiet, so very hard to hear from the inside. There is also an air filter that can be replaced. Mine is intermittent right now so I am learning way more than I wanted to about this system.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Correct. It is located behind the rt front wheel, just inside the frame rail. They are not covered so connections can get corroded. There is fuse at the compressor that can fail. There are also two fuses in your lt front run bay that should be checked. You likely have an HWH 680 system. It is similar to the 2000 but has different brains. My leveler brain is in the compartment behind the rt front wheel in the ceiling behind a door. It should maintain the system pressure between 105 and 115 psi.

There are two relays and a pressure switch that must operate for it to fill the system. It is very quiet, so very hard to hear from the inside. There is also an air filter that can be replaced. Mine is intermittent right now so I am learning way more than I wanted to about this system.

Cool. I figured I had to air up to level. I'll have to find my little compressor. Take a picture if your under there.
I did stumble across my HWH680 box last year when I was running speaker wires and Ethernet cables. It's in the ceiling of the front passenger bay as you stated.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Air Levelling

Thanks everyone for the info/advice. I was pleasantly surprised to find a dealer in my general area who is going to assess my issues in the near future. I was able to confirm myself that I have some leaking valves. I will be sure to enquire as to O ring replacements should that be a potential solution versus replacing the entire valves.

Dave
Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Which valves were leaking? Seems these things have as many valves as they do electrical connections)

Jeff
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
Take a picture if your under there.
Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0718141741.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	68322  
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Hi folks. Just curious if what I have been experiencing from the time we bought our unit (used) is normal or if we have an issue.
Air brakes all work fine, no evidence of air leaks whatsoever for that part of the air system.
When I park the coach and use air level all works great. I do not leave it on auto as the sound of air dumping on occasion can startle neighbours. However within a day the unit is already low on the front so I do an auto adjustment. Within a couple of days or so I am bottomed out and if I left it on auto the electric compressor would do it's best to level the coach.
Is this normal that the air would escape out of the system that quickly? Or might I have some solenoids or other leaks relative to the air levelling system itself? Just wanted to gain some insights before I have my diesel shop access it when I take it in next.
Thoughts?
Thanks for your help!
Dave
When your just sitting there and unit is leveled out per say why would you have this "air dumping on occasion"?? makes no sense what your saying? why would there be air dumping and of enough supply it scares your neighbour.I have never seen that happen ever?
If you left it on auto level it would keep the air system inflated and would not be bottoming out which then takes a ton of air to refill
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco