Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #1

2004 Monaco Lapalma ABS Diagnostic Module Location

Hi,
I have a 2004 Monaco Laplama 36WWD, Workhorse chassis, 8.1L. The ABS light came on while parking (backing up) in my driveway and I have tried a few things but it seems that it is imperative that I find the control diagnostic module. I found the fuse but have yet to find the Module with a reset button and LED?? I have checked the fluid and visually looked at the wheel sensors. Brakes lamps work, Brake pedal is not sticking?? Please let me now if you have any ideas or where I can find the Contol Mondule. Thank you!
JRPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried to drive it, sometime they go out when you reach a certain speed.

Here is a good read
https://www.brazelsrv.com/Brazel%27s...s%20Diagnostic
Do a search this page for "ABS",

You might have to take the coach and have the codes pulled. I searched several sites and there was no mention of a way to pull codes without a code reader.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:42 AM   #3

Jim,
Thank you for your feedback! I have not driven it since I parked it and the light came on. I was thinking the the same thing that it might reset itself once the wheels turn and the sensors are engaged again. I do have a new code reader (Actron CP9670) but no ABS codes are found?? Still learning the use of the reader.
FYI-I bought the code reader about 6 months ago because a check engine light came on. The RV had set for over a year because of Covid. The code indicated was a knock sensor which I figured it was the stale gas. I reset the code, I put fresh gas and drove it for 1500 miles and no check engine light ever came on! The reader was worth the money for the peace of mind!
Thanks for the good read! I have owned this RV for about 4 years and always enjoy learning new things and other peoples input and expertise.

Thanks again
Jeff
Old 10-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #4

I have a 2003 HR NEPTUNE. My ABS is made by MERITOR WABCO. On my coach you read the codes at the fuse panel for the ABS. I had to install a light bulb in a fuse socket and short the connector at another fuse socket. The light will flash the codes that are active. I think I have the instructions from the manufacturer's web site and I'll send you the file if you PM me with your email address. Good Luck Randy Anders
rganders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:22 AM   #5

Thank you Randy for your response. That makes sense. I have looked everywhere for the Module and I do not see one! I think I want to take my RV for a short ride in the next couple weeks and see if the ABS sensors will clear before doing anymore troubleshooting. Reading some of the posts and responses I am hoping the it will clear the sensor and light will go out.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure how your sensors are installed.
In my case the front can be easily removed, cleaned, and reinstalled. I had to do the front drivers side after have an ABS light on and reading the codes. That fixed the problem.
My rear sensor isn't as easy, you have to remove the wheel/hub. Haven't had a problem with the rear yet (knock on wood).

If your sensors are easily removed you might try and pull them, clean, and reinstall.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, cat, monaco