RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #1

2004 monaco safari cheetah air drain system

help somebody. Anyone familiar with this coaches air tank drain system

thxs

tom
tomusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #2

What kind of problem are you having with it Tom?

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #3

im trying to figure out how to drain the air tanks. Everyone say that there will be a drain valve at bottom of tanks. I have one large tank up front and two small tanks in rear, only way i have found to release air is by using the toggle switch on drivers side or one of the two thumb valves in rear engine cmpartment up high next to power steerin tank. just under the dip stick
Old 12-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

There should be a drain valve on the front tank. On my coach it's on the front middle of the tank facing the front of the coach towards the bottom. It doesn't look like a normal drain valve, like you would see on like say an air compressor tank. There is no ring or cable tied to release it like on other ping tank drains I've seen. Just a small leaver. There is a removable plug on the bottom of the tank also. Hope this helps.

Mike H
Old 12-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #5

thanks. i will look for it. do you have the same set up with two smaller tanks in rear and the thumb valves in back of coach

thxs

tom
Old 12-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #6

Very similar, my coach has the 4 air bag suspension. It originally came with two tanks, a large one in front, and a smaller on the rear. I now have the ride enhancement kit installed from Source Engineering. It adds another smaller tank up front. When you say thumb valves, on the tanks themselves or near the air bags?

Mike H
Old 12-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #7

the two thumb valves are located in rear. open barn doors in back and in right side where the oil dip stick is there is an air quick connect coupling that you can plug air hose into. right above that there ate two flat side knobs that when you turn it 90 degrees air comes out and both needles in air pressure go down. do not know if im releasing air bags or break air
Old 12-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #8

Your releasing air from the air system that operates the brakes, parking brake and air suspension system. However the air bags normally won't deflate unless the air dump valves are opened. The switch on the driver's console, labeled "air dump" usually operates those valves. I've not heard of the valves in the rear like your mentioning, but that may be a standard setup on your coach. Mine does not have that setup.

Mike H
Old 12-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
My Panther has a corresponding valve in the front PS accessible after opening the Gen slide that is plumbed to the bottom of the front tank.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #10

thanks, i guess this must be something roadmaster did just in 2004. hoping that some one here would have same set up and can shed some light. im afraid with no tank valves on bottom of tank i could get water in system. guess they just depend on the air dryer to diepense it

thxs

tom
Old 12-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #11

yeah only air that releases in gen compartment is throught acheck valve on firewall when air dump switch is depressed. coach lowers then but slowly

tom
Old 12-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
roadmasterchassis20070828133745127.pdf

Perhaps this will be of interest.
I've never owned a MH that did not have drain valves on at least the wet tank. I never have gotten any water when I've opened the valves. I think that would indicate the air dryer needs servicing. You can purchase valves including those with chains to be pulled so you don't have to reach all the way under. I assume you have plugs at least.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #13

rhanks for drawing. I guess im just going to have to get under coach and take some photos. my large front tank is long ways same as coach not sideways. Guess i just have an odd ball set up
Old 12-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #14

Flash update. just talked to service dept at lazydays in tampa. He said he works on my system all the time. ihave a air dryer decasset system that works automatically riding water in system. front tank dumps with toggle swith next to dryer and the two thumb valves in radiator compartment dumps air from rear tanks. says there is no need for any valves on bottom of tank. its a self purging system

tom

Tags
monaco