Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2004 Windsor Florescent light

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4444.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	177732

Light bulb near Microwave needs to be replaced and would like to get to it without damaging lexon plastic lens. It doesn't appear to be on hinge or unscrew.
Any suggestions as I'm sure many have been there or changed to LED?
Thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4442.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	177734
CaptV1VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My light has 4 button caps that you can remove, there will be 4 screws that hold the wooden cover against the ceiling.

I did convert most of my lights to LED. In this case there are 3 separate light housings under the wooden cover. I removed all 3 and found a piece of plexiglass that fit the area. I then installed ~6 LED strips of LED's. Easier then using the old housings and worked great.

You can then take the old housings and covert to LED and replace the remaining lights in your coach.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
My light has 4 button caps that you can remove, there will be 4 screws that hold the wooden cover against the ceiling.

I did convert most of my lights to LED. In this case there are 3 separate light housings under the wooden cover. I removed all 3 and found a piece of plexiglass that fit the area. I then installed ~6 LED strips of LED's. Easier then using the old housings and worked great.

You can then take the old housings and covert to LED and replace the remaining lights in your coach.

Thank you,
Appeared to be wood filler in the plug holes but I'll check again.
If so, I'll have to remove the filler to get to the screws.
I do like the idea to go LED
See many threads on that topic
Tracy
Old 09-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
LED is the way to go, I haven't had a problem with the ones I did.

I did do something different though. I added a 2nd switch to each fiture and put 3 strips of LED's, the 2 outer ones on the original switch and the middle on the added switch. This way I have lots of flexibility on the amount of light I have, 1,2, or 3 lights on.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #5

I replaced my three foot long two fixtures lighting (two florescent tubes per fixture) in the kitchen with LEDs. I used a three foot piece of led per bulb. Light Output is better than the florescent and where I was drawing 10amps I am now drawing less than 2amps. Here is a link where I bought;
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-ft/1465/4256/
Old 09-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
My kitchen fixture is exactly like that. I converted to LED's without removing the wood frame. You can maneuver those plexiglass panels out, you just have to be careful not to break them. I gutted the fixtures and installed 3 LED strips in each fixture.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to C Duck
I have a 04 Windsor also and you can slide the plexi. over to the next one to change bulbs. Just push it up about 1/8th inch or so and slide it on top of the adjacent one.

Chuck Duck
Old 09-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
As others say, slide the plexi out from the ends. Screws have to be removed, and then the edge piece of wood (with the screws) comes out. I replaced mine with two 10 watt LED assemblies each. Lots of light now.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Duck View Post
I have a 04 Windsor also and you can slide the plexi. over to the next one to change bulbs. Just push it up about 1/8th inch or so and slide it on top of the adjacent one.

Chuck Duck

The frame around the plexiglass panels has appears to have some padded tape or thin weatherstripping around each section so the panels won't slide over. From the responses it must have been done with previous owner. I'll have it at the house and work on my list this weekend

Tags
light