Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador - Drag Link and Alternator

We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' and we recently had the alternator go out. We called an RV place and they quoted us $995 for the alternator. Does anyone know the alternator part number where we can cross-reference it and find it cheaper online? I know that leese-Neville is the company but not sure the part number. Also the tow guy said that I need to check the drag link on the motorhome and called an got a price on that which was $1400 - which seems extremely high as well. Does any one know the part number or a place I can call to get the part number to see if I can find it online? I think that it is a roadmaster chassis. Any help will be greatly appreciated
seebsno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebsno2 View Post
We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' and we recently had the alternator go out. We called an RV place and they quoted us $995 for the alternator. Does anyone know the alternator part number where we can cross-reference it and find it cheaper online? I know that leese-Neville is the company but not sure the part number. Also the tow guy said that I need to check the drag link on the motorhome and called an got a price on that which was $1400 - which seems extremely high as well. Does any one know the part number or a place I can call to get the part number to see if I can find it online? I think that it is a roadmaster chassis. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Do yourself a favor and have your alternator rebuilt with OEM parts. Much cheaper and just as good as a new one. Don't let them sell you an off the shelf unit because they will cause problems.

Call Source Engineering or Hendersons Alignment in Grants Pass, OR. I believe both have the drag links.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Where are you located? An RV place probably not best choice for this type of work.
Try searching for a med/heavy truck starter/altnatenator rebuild shop.
Gonna be tough to get part number without looking at your altnatenator. There's many different amperage out puts, pulleys, and mounting differences.

Call a heavy truck dealer, like Freightliner, International, Mack etc....Most work on RV chassis and will have a way to get an OEM replacement Leece-Neville altnatenator.
That's also where I'd get them to do a full inspection on front suspension and steering components to determine if drag link needs replacement.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Call Monaco (REV) parts and they can give you a good part number. Then shop around for the best price...Monaco will charge out the a$$ for parts. They quoted me between $6500-$7000 for a new radiator which I sourced elsewhere for $1200 plus $75 for express freight.

Drag link or rear trailing arms?

I had to replace the trailing arms on my 2004. RV Breakdown - Not Enough Muscles in those Arms
USA-RVNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #5

I had a drag link manufactured for my 2001 Endeavor for $800 by Kaiser. It was made so that the tie rod ends are now NAPA compatible for future replacement ease.

KAISER BRAKE & ALIGNMENT, INC.
265 TAYLOR STREET
EUGENE, OR 97402
TEL: 541-344-5887

Kaiser was a huge help!
Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Just replaced mine on a 2006 Endeavor. You should be to find it at a Napa that caries Big truck stuff or other Truck shops. Best bet is to remove the old one and the take it with you for the replacement paid about 300 for mine. As a note it was defiantly 600$ plus worth of aggravation to replace assuming they replace the belt and idlers witch I would recommend you do wile in there.
DWMeatloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I had my alternator rebuilt. It cost $150. I removed and reinstalled it myself. The biggest problem with it is the bearings go bad. All the road grime gets thrown up causing problems. Good luck and stay safe.

Tags
alternator, holiday rambler