Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2020, 09:09 AM   #1

2005 HR Ambassador 40PLQ

Good morning all.
The last short trip we made was July 2019 to Florida. Both A/C zones worked perfectly. My girl hasn't moved since due to school starting 2019; school stopping 3/2020 due to coronavirus pandemic. My girl is parked right beside my home and hooked up to 50-amp. I exercise the generator faithfully; short run up the interstate to keep the fluids moving. Here's my problem. Zone 2 air works fine..Zone 1 won't come on with the generator running. Checked all the fuses they are good; checked all the switches they're good. I even went and checked the roadside fuses but nothing down there controls the rooftop A/C. I'm in Georgia and the temp right now is 64°. Ive tried the heat it won't come on. My question is since it doesn't appear to be fuses or switches; is the problem the comfort panel or does the front a/c needs to be charged and refrigerant added?
Thanks for your help.
Cyanne
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanne View Post
Good morning all.
The last short trip we made was July 2019 to Florida. Both A/C zones worked perfectly. My girl hasn't moved since due to school starting 2019; school stopping 3/2020 due to coronavirus pandemic. My girl is parked right beside my home and hooked up to 50-amp. I exercise the generator faithfully; short run up the interstate to keep the fluids moving. Here's my problem. Zone 2 air works fine..Zone 1 won't come on with the generator running. Checked all the fuses they are good; checked all the switches they're good. I even went and checked the roadside fuses but nothing down there controls the rooftop A/C. I'm in Georgia and the temp right now is 64°. Ive tried the heat it won't come on. My question is since it doesn't appear to be fuses or switches; is the problem the comfort panel or does the front a/c needs to be charged and refrigerant added?
Thanks for your help.
Cyanne
If you turn the fan on only, does the fan run?

Since the coach has been setting so much, have you taken the cover off the top and checked to see if the motor and cage spins?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #3

Good morning Cyanne; Here are a couple of thing to try as this has not happened to me, but have read about similar problems posted here by other owners. Under the ceiling vent covers for the roof A/C there are the phone cables that get the signal from the thermostat. Depending on climate where the cables plug in, like a phone jack, the connections in the plug can get corroded and not make a connection. Some use contact cleaner on the plug and that solves the problem. These phone cables also connect both A/C's together so you need to check the plugs on both A/C's. Also, do you have the 5 button Duo-Therm control for all you heating and A/C's? You may need to reboot the climate control. I don't have the procedure, but if you have the owners manual for the control, I think the procedure is in there. If you don't have the manual, you can find it online. Also try putting a search in the box at the top right of this page for rebooting the Duo-Therm climate control. Hope this info helps and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
When one unit works and other doesn’t it’s usually the phone cables as posted ^^^^.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post

Since the coach has been setting so much, have you taken the cover off the top and checked to see if the motor and cage spins?
Windsorbill..my husband said the fan won't come on now but came on last week
Old 05-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Good morning Cyanne; Here are a couple of thing to try as this has not happened to me, but have read about similar problems posted here by other owners. Under the ceiling vent covers for the roof A/C there are the phone cables that get the signal from the thermostat. Depending on climate where the cables plug in, like a phone jack, the connections in the plug can get corroded and not make a connection. Some use contact cleaner on the plug and that solves the problem. These phone cables also connect both A/C's together so you need to check the plugs on both A/C's. Also, do you have the 5 button Duo-Therm control for all you heating and A/C's? You may need to reboot the climate control. I don't have the procedure, but if you have the owners manual for the control, I think the procedure is in there. If you don't have the manual, you can find it online. Also try putting a search in the box at the top right of this page for rebooting the Duo-Therm climate control. Hope this info helps and good luck!
8.3Oilburner..I didn't know about that. Will go back inside coach and take off vent cover and filter. If I see a phone cord do I just unplug and replug? And since hubby says fan not running will that plug also correct fan problem? Thank you
Old 05-08-2020, 02:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
When one unit works and other doesn’t it’s usually the phone cables as posted ^^^^.
Ivylog...thank you. I'll try this.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post

Windsorbill...I haven't been on the roof of the RV to take the top off to check on anything. My husband usually goes up there to check things out. Will pass this message on to him to take top off; see what is or isn't happening. Thank you
Old 05-08-2020, 04:05 AM   #9

You said the second ac won't come on with the Gen running, does it come on when you are plugged into shore power?
gweedo295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #10

Good morning Cyanne; It is possible that just unplugging and reinserting the phone cables could clean the connections enough to make contact. If that does not work a contact cleaner might be needed, but I would try what I posted and see if any thing happens. Also, just curious, have you found the instructions for rebooting the climate control?
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo295 View Post
You said the second ac won't come on with the Gen running, does it come on when you are plugged into shore power?
gweedo295..no it won't come on and I'm connected to 50amp shore power
Old 05-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Good morning Cyanne; It is possible that just unplugging and reinserting the phone cables could clean the connections enough to make contact. If that does not work a contact cleaner might be needed, but I would try what I posted and see if any thing happens. Also, just curious, have you found the instructions for rebooting the climate control?
8.30ilburner..my husband found the phone cord took it out wiped it with a clean towel and placed it back still nothing
Old 05-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #13

Quote:
8.30ilburner...I have the manual that came with the coach I don't see anything about rebooting the system[emoji17]
Old 05-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #14

Good afternoon Cyanne; Sorry I don't know how to post this info on the web site and send you digging on the web. Do not know if you use Google or Bing as a search engine, I use Bing. If you Bing, how to reboot a 5 button Duo-Therm thermostat, you will get a page of instructions on how to do so. Along with that there is a 9 page PDF file on troubleshoot a Dometic Compart Controll System. In that PDF it explains how to reboot the thermostat along with pages of troubleshooting including the phone cables to the roof A/C's. Hope this gets you on the way to fixing the problem and hopefully someone here can post the info I have instructed so you don't have to go fishing for more info. Let us know what you find when you get things fixed as inquiring minds would love to know. Good luck! Also in that PDF, they mention as resetting the compart control. They don't use the term rebooting.