Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #1

2005 Monaco Executive cruise control

Had all kinds of issues with the smart wheel. Replaced controller. Fixed most problems. It still throws a throttle position sensor code when the cruise is ingauged. Does anyone know what this issue could be. For the clock spring does anyone know who manufactures those. Are they still available? Thank y'all.
1ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You steering column is probably manufactured by Douglas Autotech. There should be a sticker on the side.

Attached is the info on my 2002 Windsor, which may be close to yours.

Veurinks has clock spring at a better price so just have to check. https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/clock...3-p/190063.htm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Steering Colunm Assembly.pdf (151.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf douglas clock spring replacement.pdf (179.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf D10106 Clock spring bulletins.pdf (349.9 KB, 16 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:47 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Your throttle control may be different then mine but mine is a Williams WM540-131507
Williams Control Throttle Pedal 131507: nwrvsupply.com

Here is another thread on the sensor portion
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/acc...or-363417.html

There is fault code info at the bottom of the thread
Old 08-26-2020, 08:08 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
There are a number of threads on the clock spring and things you should check

There is a 2 wire connector under the plastic shroud at the base of the steering column, remove the shroud and check this connector. Also look for any pinched wires etc.

Another thing to check is the wiring harness on the clock spring itself, look for corrosion. Also check the two contact points/ area on the clock spring. One recent report indicated that grease had caused voltage loss.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #5

Thanks to all for the info. Will check on this when I get the coach back in a few days. Replacing some slide covers and trying to find an air leak in the air system
1ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
VIP has a troubleshooting guide that uses the LED lights on the controller while a second person pushes the buttons on the steering wheel. It led me to clean the plug at the bottom of the steering column for a wiper problem.
https://www.vipwheels.com/sites/defa...OUBLESHOOT.pdf
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #7

I would definitely try Ivylog's suggestion. There is a section that thoroughly describes the Cruise system operation. There is also a section that has a complete troubleshooting process described for the cruise control part of the system.

It also states that if your problem is intermittent, and I will add likely involving multiple functions, the clock spring is a possible culprit. Connectors and connections are more likely to be the cause of such problems, but the clock spring can certainly be a possibility. In your description of your problem, however, I would check everything else that is reasonably easy to do before I would tear into the steering wheel to get at the clock spring.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control, monaco