Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #15

It is just rubber sheet screwed or pop riveted between the coach radiator opening and the radiator shroud. It is nothing complex, specific to this coach, fancy... Just rubber sheet.

I will try to get a picture tonight and post it.

The coolant is regulated by a thermostat and cooling fan so don't stress about this, the baffles just help everything work properly.
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ghostrider View Post
I guess you are talking about a radiator shroud. That has to be a shroud specific for the 2005 Monaco executive era? Where would I find one or is there someplace that one could be fabricated? This would mount to the radiator?

Thank you all for your help!

Todd
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
The plastic tank is differently for the Parker primary fuel filter to hold any water removed from the fuel. I removed mine when I replaced the fuel filter/ priming pump with a new model. The baffling talked about is sheet rubber riveted to the the coach to keep air going only thru the radiator and CAC (cold air charger) instead of around it.

You can see the overflow tank with the radiator cap and sight glass in the pic below

Click image for larger version

Name:	engine pic.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	282730

Good luck
Dave
Old 04-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #17

The first picture is the expansion tank. Second picture there is no where to attach any rubber to direct the air flow on the lower portion of the radiator. Third picture there is rubber in between the hoses and it is not secured to any thing. I appears someone cut the rubber out of the area.

Thanks,

Todd
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	received_597731364287856.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	282848   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_571755106797278.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	282849  

Name:	received_179401923152982.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	282850  
1ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:40 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Just one of the many maintenance/repair items that you will be doing with a motorhome that you just purchased. Especially with an older DP. I hope you enjoy working on things or you will become frustrated pretty quickly. I’m sure you
can get some of that rubber sheeting at McMaster-Carr. Just measure the thickness. They have a great website. The button on the black box is actually for priming your fuel system after a fuel filter change. Make sure you hear a small pump running close by when you depress it. If it doesn’t work it is extremely hard to start the engine after changing the fuel filters. Also, I would suggest changing all of the filters, including the air filter if you don’t know when anything was serviced and don’t forget about the generator.
Getting an older coach without maintenance records up to snuff can take some time and big money if you are not mechanically inclined. Personally, I enjoy heading out to the garage to tinker, repair and update. I hope that you feel the same and have good mechanical ability or it will hit you in the wallet pretty hard

Good luck and have fun with it!
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:47 AM   #19

Todd,
I had to replace mine also, it is not hard or expensive. Below are some pictures of what I used which is a reinforced 3/32 baffle material for airplanes.
The top picture is the top of the radiator area. In your pictures, you can where your top baffle has come loose and is laying in the engine bay wrapped around the hydraulic cooler hose!

Name:	P_20200423_194101.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	282879

This is the original lower baffle piece in my coach, same as yours, it broke loose but in my case is still partially there.

Name:	P_20200423_194132.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	282880
Another angle of the lower piece that you are missing. Again, just rubber sheet pop riveted in. Just note, when installing new your objective is to isolate the radiator from pulling air in from inside the engine bay. Also, don't drill into the radiator core if drilling new holes in the shroud for rivets or screws. There is plenty of room, it is not hard to avoid miss drilling but just know you need to check before drilling...

Name:	P_20200423_194306.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	282881
The material I personally used. It is fiber reinforced so it will last longer and better than the pure rubber sheet Monaco used. It is very similar to this item however I used 3/32 instead of 1/8th: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...own8071-36.php
I think you would only need a section maybe 12 inches by 36 inches or so to do the rear of the radiator. A roofing company may have rubber sheet you can use for much cheaper. McMaster-carr also as chargerman pointed out but the pricing is not great there IMO.

Name:	P_20200423_194453.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	282882
Windecker
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Just one of the many maintenance/repair items that you will be doing with a motorhome that you just purchased. Especially with an older DP. I hope you enjoy working on things or you will become frustrated pretty quickly. I’m sure you
can get some of that rubber sheeting at McMaster-Carr. Just measure the thickness. They have a great website. The button on the black box is actually for priming your fuel system after a fuel filter change. Make sure you hear a small pump running close by when you depress it. If it doesn’t work it is extremely hard to start the engine after changing the fuel filters. Also, I would suggest changing all of the filters, including the air filter if you don’t know when anything was serviced and don’t forget about the generator.
Getting an older coach without maintenance records up to snuff can take some time and big money if you are not mechanically inclined. Personally, I enjoy heading out to the garage to tinker, repair and update. I hope that you feel the same and have good mechanical ability or it will hit you in the wallet pretty hard

Good luck and have fun with it!
I don't mind the challenge of getting these coaches up and running. I was involved in the aviation industry and these things are not as complex. The most difficult thing is finding the information to repair these things. Found all the schschmatics. It has been fun had a lot of issues and still have a couple more but I'll get it done. All of you folks have been a great help. Owned a couple of Newells in the past they were money pits!

Thanks again to all,

Todd
1ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, monaco