Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

2005 Monaco Knight. Problems?

I am currently shopping for under 36' Diesel Pusher. After doing lots of research, it seems that almost every manufacturer has it's weak points or problem areas in certain years. For example the early 2000's Monaco's had trailing arm defects. Many Country Coaches and Monaco's suffered from very costly radiator failures. I am currently interested in a 2005 34' Monaco knight PDD. Can anyone shed any light in issues that I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance.
evotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #2

Hopefully no responses = no problems.
evotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I own a 2005 Knight which has been very reliable.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotech View Post
I am currently shopping for under 36' Diesel Pusher. After doing lots of research, it seems that almost every manufacturer has it's weak points or problem areas in certain years. For example the early 2000's Monaco's had trailing arm defects. Many Country Coaches and Monaco's suffered from very costly radiator failures. I am currently interested in a 2005 34' Monaco knight PDD. Can anyone shed any light in issues that I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance.

Only a very small number on Monaco coaches had the trailing arm issue. The coaches built on the 4 airbag chassis generally known as the RR4R. The Knight was one of those coaches until it was moved to the RR8R chassis in '05.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sheppard or TRW Steering box? Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by evotech View Post
Thanks in advance.
Your list of coach brands with issues were specific to certain models and years of production. The early to mid Monacos were and still are some of the best motorhomes ever built. Same goes for the Monaco cousins; HR
Tropical, Beaver etc. To sort the good from the potentially bad ( which may have been repaired already ) search the specific issues and make a list. When it comes to older coaches, maintenance and records are the most important "issue". All else can be repaired or replaced. The Knight is at the bottom of the Monaco hierarchy but is still a great coach. Like Monaco, Country Coach has many models and some were better than others. I'll let the Knight owners respond with specifics. You can also search your model specifically using the forum search engine.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco