Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #1

2005 Safari Cheetah washer leak

This is a shot in the dark that someone will be able to help me.
  1. We have a washer closet rear-curbside of the coach.
  2. At the back of that closet, the floor doesn't reach the back wall.
  3. The washer hookups are there.
  4. We had a water leak - I think at one of the faucets, but without pulling the washer it is hard to tell.
  5. I could hear the "drip-drip" of water going down into that "void" at the back, rear of the washer closet.
  6. From the outside, it appears that "void" is just above the hydraulic reservoir - it feels maybe rubberized
  7. I think there is still water down in that void because there is a sour smell coming from the washer closet - this with the water shut off.

Does anyone know what is down in that void?

Could I maybe drill a hole in it from just above the hydraulic reservoir to hopefully drain that sour water?

This is all a stop gap until I can get help pulling the washer and trying to fix that leak.

Thanks to anyone who has read this far.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #2

never mind ... I think I found the issue
Old 04-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
And it was .... ?

Sharing our issues and solutions assists us all become more-educated. I have a similar water-leak but it’s intermittent, and driving me crazy - can’t find it when it doesn’t leak and Only happens ‘sometimes’ when we moving.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
And it was .... ?

Sharing our issues and solutions assists us all become more-educated. I have a similar water-leak but it’s intermittent, and driving me crazy - can’t find it when it doesn’t leak and Only happens ‘sometimes’ when we moving.
Sorry, I came back to change the original post to reflect my finding that the odor was from a faulty air admittance valve and not from the leak. However I was too late to edit the post.

So I asked a moderator to delete it because that subject has been discussed in several threads here but the moderator refused to do so.

Seems strange to me that the OP, on a thread that has had no discussion, can't ask that his own thread be deleted.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:59 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sometimes it's just easier to add another post to close-out a topic rather than delete - 'some of us' need all the help we can get. Glad you found the source of the smell anyways.

Any progress on finding the leak? My washr/dryer is just forward of the rear wheel, and the only way I see it is when there's a little puddle there after a day's driving - but it doesn't always do it. Now you got me fired-up to look behind the washer!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazpaz View Post
Sorry, I came back to change the original post to reflect my finding that the odor was from a faulty air admittance valve and not from the leak. However I was too late to edit the post.

So I asked a moderator to delete it because that subject has been discussed in several threads here but the moderator refused to do so.

Seems strange to me that the OP, on a thread that has had no discussion, can't ask that his own thread be deleted.

We do not have a record of the post being reported. If a request was sent directly to a moderator they should have explained the proper procedure for requesting a thread be closed.

Steve as Site Staff

Do your part.....
Closed Thread

Tags
leak