Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #1

2005 Signature - Aladdin shows house battery and solar at 0

I saw it after putting a slide out. Coach is plugged into shore power. Batteries are all 2021. Refrigerator, microwave cabin lights all working. Xantex over drivers seat says "system status float charging" and the charge light is blinking, Battery Full light is solid.

Is there a fuse I should check and if there is, where is it?

Thanks for any advice.
artdeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2021, 05:03 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It could be a faulty Aladdin module. I had one go out (the one that reported AC power and solar charging). My Aladdin modules are located in the Bay on the passenger side where the black/grey tanks are located (shown in photo).

I got a new (used) one from Visone Rv https://rvelectronics.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/welcome.pl?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aladdin modules mounted in bay.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	343547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aladdin AC-DC voltage status - displayed.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	343548  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
I saw it after putting a slide out. Coach is plugged into shore power. Batteries are all 2021. Refrigerator, microwave cabin lights all working. Xantex over drivers seat says "system status float charging" and the charge light is blinking, Battery Full light is solid.

Is there a fuse I should check and if there is, where is it?

Thanks for any advice.
The only thing I can think is to check fuses in the electrical bay (driver side in front of wheel).

I don't see Aladdin modules where CountryB indicated but maybe they're somewhere else in that bay. I'd like to know myself as both yours and mine are likely in the same place. Hope someone with an 05+/- Sig chimes in on this; I'd like to know too.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
It could be a faulty Aladdin module. I had one go out (the one that reported AC power and solar charging). My Aladdin modules are located in the Bay on the passenger side where the black/grey tanks are located (shown in photo).
My 2007 Signature has an Aladdin "DC Interface" module P/N 380400 above the 2nd bay ceiling cover. The Heliotrope Solar Controller is also there as well as some other Aladdin parts, Tank Interface, etc.

Do you have the Aladdin Manual?
Old 09-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #5

Must be a glitch in Aladdin.

It mysteriously started showing solar and house batteries charged up this morning. That was nice. I didn't do anything. There's always something. Today the cruise control stopped. I'm hoping when I'm on the road tomorrow it'll mysteriously start again.

Thanks for all the advice and I'll keep in mind about replacing the monitor.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:31 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
It mysteriously started showing solar and house batteries charged up this morning. That was nice. I didn't do anything. There's always something. Today the cruise control stopped. I'm hoping when I'm on the road tomorrow it'll mysteriously start again.

Thanks for all the advice and I'll keep in mind about replacing the monitor.
Just a guess, but it's sounding like a bad ground or a loose/corroded connection.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #7

Thanks, Rick

Someday, somewhere I'll find a place to have everything checked out especially all the electricals.

Tags
battery, solar