Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2006 Beaver Monterey hot water question

Can anyone help me with this mystery please? I just bought this MH and I have no hot water. The owners manual talks about a 10 gallon water heater that can run on 120AC or propane. I have plenty of propane and have also been hooked to shore power. Part of the problem is (this may sound dumb) I can't even find the darn thing to try and check it out. This rig does have the Hydro-Hot system which has the options of heating water with 120AC or Diesel. Is the Hydro-Hot my "10 gallon AC water heater" referred to in the owners manual, just superseded as an upgrade?

As a side note my Hydro-Hot is not coming on due to an alarm that looks to be PG level low. I plan to remedy that today. Hope I can just get PG at an auto parts store(?) and pour the 50/50 mix right into the top like filling up a radiator. Thanks, Chris
tx2hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx2hemp View Post
Can anyone help me with this mystery please? I just bought this MH and I have no hot water. The owners manual talks about a 10 gallon water heater that can run on 120AC or propane. I have plenty of propane and have also been hooked to shore power. Part of the problem is (this may sound dumb) I can't even find the darn thing to try and check it out. This rig does have the Hydro-Hot system which has the options of heating water with 120AC or Diesel. Is the Hydro-Hot my "10 gallon AC water heater" referred to in the owners manual, just superseded as an upgrade?

As a side note my Hydro-Hot is not coming on due to an alarm that looks to be PG level low. I plan to remedy that today. Hope I can just get PG at an auto parts store(?) and pour the 50/50 mix right into the top like filling up a radiator. Thanks, Chris

Sounds like your owners manual is pretty generic. The HydroHot replaces the standard 10 gal LP hot water heater, so you will have to get it operating for hot water to be available.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx2hemp View Post
tx2hemp
Your Hydro-Hot Heating System provides BOTH "interior zone heating" and"domestic hot water".... (RVs with Hydro-Hot systems have no separate water heater).
http://www.aquahot.com/esource/ecom/...-23-04_001.pdf
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #4

No, no, no! Your 2006 rig will have one of the newer Hydro-Hot units that should use Propylene Glycol not regular automotive Anti-Freeze (Ethylene glycol - as our older units do). You need to get this from Camping World or another RV service center. Typically you don't add fluid directly into your Hydro-Hot. But, since your alarm is already on this might be a good place to start. You should also fill the surge tank to the "cold" level as well.

You should have list of your equipment along with serial numbers on the inside of your bathroom upper cabinet door. This same page should have been included with the documentation that came with your rig, but that all depends on what the dealer was able to pass along. Anyway, the list of equipment on that list will give you the model number of your Hydro-Hot. As Steve points out, it looks like you are reading a generic listing. Although, I think 10 gallons is about right for the Hydro-Hot unit.

As far as location, look under the coach and back-track from the exhaust pipe. Your unit will be right above where the exhaust pipe comes up into the basement of the coach. You should have access via one of the lower doors. Beaver was good about mounting these where you had somewhat easy access from the outside.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
2006 Beaver Monterey hot water question-reply

WOW, thanks so much y'all! Another first for me is that this is the first time I ever joined a forum, about anything!

I feel better now knowing I don't have to keep looking for that dang water heater. I think I can track down that list of all the equipment.

I'll be careful about the Ethylene Glycol. I had already questioned it and did think regular antifreeze was Ethylene Glycol.

This is really great. I appreciate your inputs. I'm sure I'll be back!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Txtohemp,

I have an 06 38' Monterey with HD450D Aqua Hot. It is located just behind the passenger side door 1st compartment. Make sure you use the correct fluid, camping world or Amazon. Can be a temperamental unit but awesome if well maintained.
If you have questions send me a message if you like
What model do you have? 4 slides, length, residential refer?

Steve
Old 01-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, thanks. I think this rig had very little use in the past couple of years. The overflow tank is completely empty and the main tank level is an inch or two from the top. Not sure of the concentration.
"06 Monterey Laguna, 40',4 slides, I think it's a camper fridge because it has the latches.

Tags
beaver, monterey, water