Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 09:20 PM   #1

2006 Diplomat Water pump sporadic

We are presently on the road, Columbia Missouri. My water pump switch would not activate the water pump.Two days later turned pump on and it worked.
Now quit working again, when i hit one of the three switches, the light comes on and goes out when I release switch.

Please help.

Terry
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #2

We have the same problem. I've replaced the pump, all switches and the intellitec latching relay. The system can work fine for a long time and then all of a sudden the switches go out and the pump stops.

From researching on here, it's a fairly common problem with a multiple switching system. It's apparently a grounding issue. I have yet to be able to fix the issue. I simply just bypass the switches by taking the load and ground leads off the latching relay and connect them together with a 10 amp blade fuse.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
We have the same problem. I've replaced the pump, all switches and the intellitec latching relay. The system can work fine for a long time and then all of a sudden the switches go out and the pump stops.

From researching on here, it's a fairly common problem with a multiple switching system. It's apparently a grounding issue. I have yet to be able to fix the issue. I simply just bypass the switches by taking the load and ground leads off the latching relay and connect them together with a 10 amp blade fuse.
Thanks for your help, I didn't have wifi until today. I will use your fix when I get home, for now i spliced a pigtail into the waterpump ground. I ran to the door attachment for ground, installed a 12 volt switch and it worked. When activated the lights come on for all 3 switches. A quick fix if you are on the road. I thought this may help others.

Terry.
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #4

Your pigtail temp fix is basically the same thing, perhaps better as you have a quick on and off switch.

If you find a permanent fix for the problem, please let me know.

An RV tech told me that running new wiring from the pump with a single switch mounted to a convenient spot in the coach is the easiest way to fix the problem. The downside is then we would only have one switch as opposed to the current 5 switches. He said somewhere in the multi-switch system it's grounding out and turning off the switches.

Tags
diplomat, water, water pump