RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #1

2006 Dynasty Monaco

need some help...does anyone know where the two battery cut off switches are,where can i get a fuel door key where is the waste water etc dump valves and discharge valve located
twotall911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The battery cut offs will be located as close to the batteries as possible, in most cases Monaco put the batteries on the rear passenger side. One the doors and and you will see the batteries in one bay, and at least one (probably 2) other electrical bays. The disconnects are probably round.

Not sure on the fuel door key, you might have to take it to a lock smith or buy a new lock.
The black and grey water valves are in the wet bay, which is on the drivers side, probably right before the rear wheels. Should be 2 guillotine type valves. You'll have to have a sewer house which normally has a special adapter to connect.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #3

My battery cut off switches are mounted on the wall in the battery compartment on the passengers side. Large round switch with a red handle. A locksmith will be able to make you a new key for your fuel door. All the water and sewer valves are in the wet bay compartment just in front of the left rear tire.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The fuel door keys on my 2007 Cayman are CH751, Standard baggage doors keys on many RV's.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:42 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's a good source of keys/locks

RVLocksAndMore | RV Locks | RV Keys | Fastec FIC Locks and Keys
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #6

You've gotten good info. The battery compartment is just behind your right rear axle wheels. When you open it, the two switch will be on the upper left side of the compartment. I'm so sorry, but I don't recall which one disconnects the chassis battery and which one disconnects the house battery. It probably doesn't matter, really, because if you want to disconnect one, you probably will be wanting to disconnect both. I labeled them on our coach, but I'm not at the coach to be able to look.

The dump valves are where "justlou" said they are. When you open the bay door just in front of your axles on the driver side of the coach. The valves are in the lower right part of that compartment. The valve on the left is the gray water valve and the one on the right is the black water valve. When you do dump your tanks, it is good to dump the black water first and then follow with the gray water. That flushes out your hose with somewhat less objectionable water. You also probably have a tank flush system. That fitting is in the lower left corner of that compartment next to the switches. It sprays the walls of the black tank from two locations in the tank. It doesn't "wash" the inside, but it at least helps more material exit the tank than it would otherwise.

If you have these questions, you really do need to have someone familiar with coaches like yours go thru it with you. The '06 Dynasty (which is what we have) is an excellent but complicated coach with lots of systems about which you really need to have at least a working understanding. The lighting system (Intellitec), the monitor system (Aladdin), the power distribution systems (both the 120 volt AC and the 12 volt DC including the inverter/charger operation), the AquaHot system and how the thermostats control the AquaHot (furnace) and the heat pumps, and at least a cursory idea of what is in your front run box (outside, under your driver side window) and your rear run box (upper right quadrant of your engine compartment looking thru the rear hatch). Also, if you have the Sanicon waste discharge system, you need to have someone show you how to operate that. You also need to have a fairly good understanding of the HWH system that operates your suspension and your leveling, as well as the PowerGear system if you have the hydraulic jacks on your coach.

This website may very well quickly become your very best friend! Post your questions and we will all try to help you. These coaches made by a large number of manufacturers are all very different. There are even substantial differences from one '06 Dynasty to another '06 Dynasty. Try to filter the input that you receive as to whether it really does apply to your coach. If the responder doesn't show that they have at least a mid-2000's Monaco Dynasty, Executive or Signature, or a similar level coach in the Holiday Rambler, Beaver or Safari line, recognize that your coach may be very different from what they may be familiar with.

Good luck with your new coach. You are the new owner of a classic beauty!! I hope the learning curve winds up being a fun journey for you.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Fuel door is a CH751, probably the most common RV key...Ebay has them or any Locksmith should be able to make it.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Some great advice above. If you haven't already done so, download a digital copy of your owners manual.
https://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals

You can perform quick searches by clicking on the "Edit" menu at the top, then select "Find" about 3/4 of the way down and type a keyword in the box. It will search the entire document for you.
Monaco owner's manuals are very detailed and list part numbers and specifications for most the systems on the coach. It is infinitely better than a car owners manual.
Best of luck with your new coach!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Your 2006 Dynasty may be totally different from our 2002 Windsor, but Monaco tended to kind of standardize back in those days. My battery cut-off switches are in a compartment right next to the battery compartment on the passenger side of the coach. The fuel door key should be the standard CH751. The waste dump valves and discharge will be in the wet bay on the driver's side.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:12 AM   #10

2006 Dynasty Monaco

thanks for all the info..the manual says the main battery cut off is in the bedroom any idea where also where is the propane refill
Old 02-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #11

Towtall911, that sounds really strange! Our coach is also an '06 Dynasty. I think that the manual is telling you one thing but you are interpreting it to be something else. You actually have two battery disconnect switches and one switch operated disconnect relay. The two switches are mounted where I described to you in my earlier post, above. They are on the aft wall of the battery compartment (behind the passenger side rear axles). One is for the battery that starts the engine AND your Onan generator. The other is for the coach systems such as interior lights, vent fans, water pump, AquaHot, heat pumps, etc. The third one is not really a battery disconnect, but it does disconnect the majority of the loads on the coach. Sometimes it is called the "salesman switch". On your coach, that is controlled by a rocker switch that is mounted just inside your entry door, above the first step, near the passenger's feet. I recommend that you don't ever operate that switch. Many have found it to be troublesome, and since there is no real value for an owner to operate it, I would leave it alone. If you want to disconnect the coach battery and/or the chassis battery, do it with the two heavy switches in your battery compartment.

Your propane fill is behind the fuel door on the driver side of your coach. That will be the first basement door behind your front left tire.

As for your fuel door locks, we have never locked ours. The electric locking system in your coach does NOT lock the big fuel doors, so locking the small door doesn't buy you any protection. Besides, we always open the entire door when we fuel. It is much easier than trying to take the cap off and on thru the small door, and you don't beat up the paint with the nozzle trying to work thru that small opening. I'm pretty sure that the only reason those little doors have locks on them is because they come that way from the place that supplies the fuel doors.

I am going to repeat what I said above. Please, find someone with first hand experience with large, diesel pusher motorhomes and have them spend a couple of hours going over it with you. Open all the doors and at least get an idea of what is behind each one. You have a pretty hi-tech coach with lots of awesome systems to make the RV'ing experience easy and fun. But the systems do require you to have a fair understanding of what they do and how they do it. Seriously consider joining the FMCA and the chapter that is near you or that interests you, or a local Good Sam chapter. The FMCA will likely be more motorcoach oriented, but a Good Sam chapter will have a number of members that could help you a lot. If you do that, you will find others nearby that will know quite a bit about your coach.

I so wish I were near you, as I'd be happy to help. Your post doesn't say what part of "the world" you are in, but there are probably a number of folks on this forum that are near you and would be very glad to be of assistance. Keep the posts coming! We're all here for you.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #12

Oops, my bad. My comment about the fuel door lock was totally off base. Brain-toot on my part. Those little doors are either locked or they are open because the lock is the latch. But my comments are still valid. In our opinion, there is no good reason to open those little doors to fuel the coach or fill the propane. We just open the entire door.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:51 AM   #13

2006 monnaco

Thanks so much for the info.im located in arkansas