Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2022, 12:59 PM   #1

2006 HR Scepter Electric Bay Rebuild - Help Identifying A Couple of Circuits

Good day, everyone! This 2006 Scepter sustained a head-on collision into the driver's side and I have the lucky fortune of rebuilding the electric system in Driver's Side Bay 1. Luckily, most harnesses survived the devastation done to the main circuit panel, and I have since replaced the board and brought 99% of the systems back to operational. There are just a couple of final pieces of the puzzle left due to portions of the harness being ripped clear of the coach and not recovered at the crash scene. I have scoured the various 2006 Scepter/Diplomat diagrams but due to their unfortunate blurriness they seem to have ceased being helpful. Very few final connections remain and would appreciate any insight the community may have into the identity of these last few danglers. I'm now running WAAAY past the allocated labor hours for this project to keep it from totaling, so I'm on my own dime but I will not give up until it is complete!

1) First up is two hanging white wires up under the front cowl, one is labelled AAA which I cannot locate on any circuit diagram so far. I do know there is a loose relay under the main circuit panel where this wire reappears as labeled AAA and is continuous when checked with a multimeter. Problem is, the relay is totally unlabeled and I can't locate any mention of the 5 loose relays (not relays plugged directly into the main panel or the two Monaco relay boxes below the panel, just floating relays plugged into harnesses.)

2) Next, there is a short length of two white wires in a 4-conductor flat Molex connector poking out of a coil-wrapped harness in the upper panel box. this came to me with no mating female connector. Does not seem to be associated with the previous two white wires but I'm prepared to be amazed!

3) Next, A single Gray wire is hanging down under the cowl behind the Driver's side headlight with a blue butt-connector on the end. This wire originates from the large mass of wires next to the generator and is zip-tied to the large 4-gauge battery cable in that harness. Also, evidence that the open end of the connector has been crimped to a wire but I do not have another single wire loose and can't determine what this wire may be doing.

4) Next, there is a male two-conductor automotive weatherproof connector with two red wires exiting the harness nearest the left-hand Monaco relay box. No other mating connector or loose wires to be found.

5) Lastly, behind the driver's headlight under the cowl there is a small yellow eyelet lug connector screwed to the firewall that has had the intended wire yanked out of it. One of the hanging white wires may be a candidate? It is in the same neighborhood but again, unlabeled and impossible to find on the diagrams.

One remaining clue: the Power Gear levelling system is erroring out complaining about a missing neutral safety wire, it appears to me there is no technical "neutral safety switch" but may have been tied to the park brake switch circuit? Any ideas?

I can't thank you enough for any assistance, this has been a living nightmare to rebuild with zero help from REV group and I'm looking forward to handing it back over to the customer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1006220819_HDR.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	378081   Click image for larger version

Name:	1006220818_HDR.jpg
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	378082  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1006220819a_HDR.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	378083   Click image for larger version

Name:	1006220818.jpg
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	378084  

likestoparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2022, 02:37 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I own a 2002 Windsor, so I'm sure mines different but maybe I can give you some clues.

Your last picture, I have a connector like that (and others) in my front drivers side run bay that don't connect to anything. Same with the second picture.

I had 4 loose relays in the front drivers side electrical bay just loose with no labeling. I was able to peel back the wires and found enough markings to identify each of them. One was the "Drive Light Relay" that had the fog lights come on with the headlights. Another was the DLR harness that did not have a relay in it. Another was the ALT Fail Relay, and there was an Allison Park Brake Sense relay.

There is a park brake sense wire on mine, I'd have to look at the schematics to see what it might be for. I do not have air leveling system.

As a last option you may try using a wire tone/tracer.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:47 PM   #3

OK, knowing that one of the relays is park sense is very helpful. Difficult to troubleshoot things like that on my own. This stupid flag-hours system the automotive industry insists on using to pay technicians makes it very difficult to get a second set of hands for any useable length of time. Anyhoo. Thank you very much!
likestoparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
One thing you can try is to contact REV which owns all the old Monaco information that had been available to maintenance shops. They do have good wiring diagrams.

I found a scanned copy of the wiring diagram but it is way to blurry to do you any good.

Try contacting https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/
explain what you are trying to do and you may get lucky.

Back in 2015 I contacted them and the sent me digital copies for my 2002 model. I know the 2006 are much better.

Good luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild, electric