RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
GMN

Exclamation 2006 Monaco Diplomat - Dash Lights

my dash lights are out. i found the panel light fuse it's not blown. anyone have any other idea where to look?

thank you in advance
GMN
GMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #2
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried twisting the light switch?? Been there did that. That darn dimmer got me.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

I agree with Myron. Those headlight switches are a well-known source of problems! Also, if ALL the dash lights are out then you could have a bad common ground connection.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Have you tried twisting the light switch?? Been there did that. That darn dimmer got me.
Like Myron says you need to twist the headlight switch back and forth a few times to clean the wiper contact on the wire wound resistor that is used to dim the dash lights. They can corrode over time and make poor contact.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:24 AM   #5
GMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

I agree with Myron. Those headlight switches are a well-known source of problems! Also, if ALL the dash lights are out then you could have a bad common ground connection.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Thank you, Iíll be checking that switch and ground
Old 10-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #6
GMN

Thank you, it was the switch or the ground a little wiggle and there on
Funny but both my Power sun shades stopped working as well maybe the same problem you think?
Thank you in advance
GMN
Old 10-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMN View Post
Funny but both my Power sun shades stopped working as well maybe the same problem you think?
Thank you in advance
GMN

Nope: You are not allowed to have just one problem at a time. It is in the manual part 6, subparagraph 4. Those owning an RV must be handy with tools, a voltmeter, and a check book.

Section 8 further states: There at no time Shall (shall meaning must), never be one problem alone. Additional issues are existing and may not have been discovered yet so refer to Part 6, subparagraph 4.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:56 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you in advance
GMN
The powered visor shades have a fuse in the front run bay. That is the area under the driver's side window accessed by opening the outside door. There is a large black plastic cover over the fuse circuit board with three white nylon wing nuts. Remove the three wing nuts and the cover and look to the upper right corner of the circuit board for fuse F9. Fuse F9 is for the powered sun shades and F8 is for the electric step cover. Both the step cover and the passenger sun shade have two switches, one for the driver and one for the passenger. You will notice that fuse F8 is tall and has the number 15 on the top and most likely is gold in color. It is a self resetting circuit breaker rated at 15 amps and not a fuse. From the factory fuse F9 is a normal fuse. If the driver and passenger both press the switch to lower the shade at the same time it will blow the fuse. When this happens you have to pull off the road and replace the fuse before either shade will work. After this happened about three times I replaced the 5 amp fuse F9 with a self resetting circuit breaker like is used for the step well cover. I could not find a 5 amp self resetting circuit breaker so used a 10 amp. In the photo below you can see the 10 on top of F9.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunvisor fuse.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	303554  
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Nope: You are not allowed to have just one problem at a time. It is in the manual part 6, subparagraph 4. Those owning an RV must be handy with tools, a voltmeter, and a check book.

Section 8 further states: There at no time Shall (shall meaning must), never be one problem alone. Additional issues are existing and may not have been discovered yet so refer to Part 6, subparagraph 4.
Now that's a big 10-4.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you in advance
GMN
Many of the monaco coaches had the sun shaded wired in such a way, that if you activate the passenger's shade from both the drivers and pax switch at the same time, it will blow the fuse.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:06 PM   #11
GMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
The powered visor shades have a fuse in the front run bay. That is the area under the driver's side window accessed by opening the outside door. There is a large black plastic cover over the fuse circuit board with three white nylon wing nuts. Remove the three wing nuts and the cover and look to the upper right corner of the circuit board for fuse F9. Fuse F9 is for the powered sun shades and F8 is for the electric step cover. Both the step cover and the passenger sun shade have two switches, one for the driver and one for the passenger. You will notice that fuse F8 is tall and has the number 15 on the top and most likely is gold in color. It is a self resetting circuit breaker rated at 15 amps and not a fuse. From the factory fuse F9 is a normal fuse. If the driver and passenger both press the switch to lower the shade at the same time it will blow the fuse. When this happens you have to pull off the road and replace the fuse before either shade will work. After this happened about three times I replaced the 5 amp fuse F9 with a self resetting circuit breaker like is used for the step well cover. I could not find a 5 amp self resetting circuit breaker so used a 10 amp. In the photo below you can see the 10 on top of F9.

Bob
That was it Bob!! Thank you for all your knowledge
Old 10-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #12
GMN

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. It sure makes fixing things a lot easier when you know where to look!
Best of travel for all and thank you all again for what you do🍁
Old 10-07-2020, 06:06 AM   #13
GMN

Quote:

So true I have found a few myself, however irv2 is making my life a little easier Thank you to all GMN
Old 10-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #14
GMN

I plugged up a air compressor an it blew all my outlets where would the fix be
All the breakers look good could there be something in that outside panel I could blown
Thank you in advance
GMN

Tags
diplomat, monaco, monaco diplomat, dash, lights