RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2006 monaco rear camera rolling

Camera has 4 views, left,right, interior and rear. I lock it in rear view when towing, today the screen started to roll and jump, other fixed views do not? Any idea what I should do or check? Thanks

asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #2

Call RVcams. They will guide you in troubleshooting or will fix it for you. Mine started to do that I I had to send it to them for a new circuit board.
RVCams Backup Cameras and Rear View Systems: Backup Camera Systems (All)

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Asheville,

mine has been acting the same after having the coach at the dealer, I checked the connections behind the display and the connector was loose. I didn't have any chance to try the fix since the MH is stored for winter.

Good luck.
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When sitting still (engine running, but brakes on), give the dash monitor frame a whack with the palm of your hand. The point is: Introduce some vibration to see if you can duplicate the jumping/rolling of the picture. Your problem may be as simple as a poor connection at the rear of the monitor. Otherwise, you may have a poor connection at the camera itself. If all connectivity is ruled out as the source of the problem, then the camera might be going bad.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
As a matter of fact I had just picked it up from the dealer.Had service work, oil , filters etc.Screen not in dash, its the aladdin monitor that retracts. I just purchased this 06, not that familiar with it yet. The servicemen must have left lts on because house battiers where dead, which I sit in parking lot for 30 min leting them charge up before I headed home and thats when I noticed the rear view camers jumping.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #6

If it was in for service and out the same day or even the next day, the house batteries should not have been dead if they were charged. Check your date codes on the house batteries and if they are the originals, get a hydrometer similar to this Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more and make sure your cells are in good shape. I would call the company (Rv Cams) as suggested by Mike and see if loss of full battery power while left in the on position, would cause the problem. Most of the time a call to the company that manufactured the device gives you a head start and keeps you from doing any damage.
On Edit after re-reading your post: Not sure why you had to sit in parking lot for batteries to recharge. Are you talking house batteries or engine starting batteries? If house batteries were dead, it would take quite a few hours to recharge. In either case, (house or engine) both would charge while driving. I think priority goes to the engine (chassis) battery first if everything is working correctly.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I sit in parking lot because I had no rear camera, don't like towing with no camera, camera runs off aliddin system and with house batteries down I had nothing, finally it came up? Sitting in drive way today all cameras work great, have not driven it today, all battries in float mode.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #8

I am also having problems with my voyager camera system also equipped with the Alladin system. as far as I can tell the Alladin system has no control of the cameras or monitor it is only an input to the monitor. the only signal I am having a problem with is the rear camera. the dealer said it was a camera problem they replaced the camera and when i picked up the coach and was leaving their lot the signal from the rear was lost again they sent a technician out to my coach, he removed the monitor from the dash and checked the connections and it started to work. it stayed on all the way home about 45 miles. I shut the coach off and restarted in about 2 hrs later the camera signal was lost again, the next morning the camera was working, the dealer is going to send a new camera cable to me i will install. We are currently on the road and the camera signal is some times there and sometimes not at times the screen jumps constantly is distorted or goes completely out for hours then suddenly come on and works for miles. I will install new cable and re post results
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #9

Update to my previous post I had some time today and removed my monitor to check rear connection. After pulling, twisting, tugging, flexing, on rear connector I could not recreate the failure when I switched monitor to different channel and then back to rear channel the picture started to distort and eventually went off, but came back on when I shut camera power off and then back on, I tried this several times with similar results. It looks like I will be changing out the monitor.
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville View Post
I sit in parking lot because I had no rear camera, don't like towing with no camera, camera runs off aliddin system and with house batteries down I had nothing, finally it came up? Sitting in drive way today all cameras work great, have not driven it today, all battries in float mode.
asheville,

The rolling could have been caused by low voltage at the camera due to drop in long cable. Now that the batteries are charged back up the rolling could be cured.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:27 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Just an FYI, I too was having intermittent problems with my rear camera. Jumping, rolling, going completely black for a time then coming back on. Sometimes I would have to turn off the Aladdin System and wait a while then turn it back on.

I contacted RV Cams and spoke with them, then ordered a replacement camera and monitor. The one I installed is the Voyager color 3 camera system with the tilting rear camera. My two side cameras were okay so I kept them and purchased adapters to go between the cameras and the newer style cable connectors on the Voyager. The new Voyager system also came with a new 60' cable for the rear Voyager camera. I installed the system and am happy as a lark now. The new Voyager really works well.

I had to modify the opening in the dash slightly because the new Voyager monitor is bigger. Running the new cable to the rear was the hardest part. I also kept the Weldex Monitor and remounted it over by the Allison Shifter so I'd still have all the Aladdin System Engine, compass, temperature functions at hand.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Nodine, I think you hit it on the head, once my batteries charged up I have had no more problems. Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #13

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
Was their any problem replacing the cable? I have had problems with my Weldex monitor since I got the rig and want to change to a color monitor with a camera that can tilt but am concerned that I would not be able to get the cable in.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Pat, I have not replaced the cable,I was told that was a very difficult process!

Tags
camera, monaco