Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #1

2006 Monaco Signature front power blinds

Having trouble with the cockpit power blinds, sometimes they extend and retract properly and other time the will only run in one direction. Where is the control module located, and who makes the blinds, I don’t see any labels anywhere
Thanks
Steve
Bskyinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #2

It appears that there is no control module for them. Their electrical systems are all within the unit. The only thing external appears to be the power source and how it is switched.

I don't know if this drawing will help you, or not, but it is the drawing for the '06 Signature's power operated visors. Good luck, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Schematic - Visors (Better Quality) copy.pdf (120.6 KB, 93 views)
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #3

I should have been more specific as I am looking for info on the PRIVACY POWER BLINDS.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bskyinc View Post
I should have been more specific as I am looking for info on the PRIVACY POWER BLINDS.
Those are the ones on the multiplex circuit? I have a blind switch I thought was intermittent but found it worked if I pressed harder. Any multiplexing problems I would power the entire coach down to reset it. Next I would move the switch to another switch position in the coach to see if it still does it or you can find the multiplex unit that operates the blind and see if the switch is actuating it.

On the '07 Signature most of the multiplexing modules are in the rear closet and above the windshield.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #5

Is that a Somfy system that you operate with a hand held "remote"? If so, I would expect the control module(s) to be contained within the motor-operator box(s). If it is operated by one or more of your multiplex (Intellitec) keypads, then I would try what Hypoxia suggested and power down your coach to "re-boot" the Intellitec controller.

Also, I don't know if you have a separate control for the DS vs the PS curtain or if they operate in unison. If they are controlled and operated separately, and both are acting up, I would look at the remote. If there is a dedicated control module somewhere else in your coach, all bets are off and I don't have any idea where to look, other than under the dash hatch, behind the drivers left knee panel, or under the passenger's armrest panel.

Sorry I don't have any better information. I will add that the 110VAC breaker drawings do show that those blinds are operated by 110VAC, not by the 12 volt system. For that to be true, I really expect you are looking at a Somfy type system with the hand held remote, and the Intellitec system might well be able to claim, "not guilty". If the Intellitec is involved, there has to be a relay box or panel somewhere in the front of the coach where the 110VAC could be "switched" by the 12 volt Intellitec control.

I hope I haven't confused the issue. Good luck to you!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #6

The module is behind the TV above the windshield in our 07 Sig

2007 Signature Noble III 45' ISX 600 HP, Allison 4000
Jetskier50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #7

If the engine is running or even the key on, the blinds will not go down, only up.

Carl
Old 12-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #8

Thanks to all for the Reply’s. I am not sure if it is sinful, I am pretty sure they are 12v as only 2 wires are at each blind. Carl, that is great info, did not know that they would only operate up with IGN on or engine running. These are multiplex switch operated. Does anyone know who manufacturers these blinds? Levelor?

Thanks
Steve
Old 12-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #9

Spell correct is killing me, Somfy not Sinful
Old 12-22-2019, 05:29 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My 2007 has Automotion cellular shades like this for the windshield: Automotionshade

It can get confusing. The windshield has a Powered Shade which is used for privacy etc. and it has Powered Visors for sun shades while driving. They both go up & down. The visors are not multiplexed and the shades are multiplexed.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bskyinc View Post
Thanks to all for the Reply’s. I am not sure if it is sinful, I am pretty sure they are 12v as only 2 wires are at each blind. Carl, that is great info, did not know that they would only operate up with IGN on or engine running. These are multiplex switch operated. Does anyone know who manufacturers these blinds? Levelor?

Thanks
Steve

This is the manufacturer of the blinds in my 06 signature. They are still in business also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blind-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	270231  
Old 12-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loranimal View Post
This is the manufacturer of the blinds in my 06 signature. They are still in business also.
Curious if you have them throughout or specific areas?

I have The Right Track in the dining and living area but Cellular Shades by Automotion in the cockpit beside the pilot, copilot and windshield. The galley and rear bath have manual metal slats and the little windows on the full wall slide ends are regular day/night shades.

Quite a variety in everyone's coach.

Tags
monaco, power